This discussion is closed.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I keep fainting I'm not anaemic (sp) i just have low blood pressure. it's not fair - i can't see and i go dizzy every time i stand up does this happen to anyone else?
Sire
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
I keep fainting I'm not anaemic (sp) i just have low blood pressure. it's not fair - i can't see and i go dizzy every time i stand up does this happen to anyone else?
Sometimes I feel a bit woozy after standing up really fast. But this is only every once in a while.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well it happened last year when i was very ill. Maybe you need to rest more.
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Well it happened last year when i was very ill. Maybe you need to rest more.
lol - i think i rest enough..but thanks for the advice
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
lol - i think i rest enough..but thanks for the advice
if it keeps happening i think i'd be concerned.
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
you may be diabetic
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yeah, I'm hypogleicemic, (low blood sugar) I used to pass out all the time due to not eating right. Now I can pretty much tell if I'm gonna go out, so I have time to sit down or pull over if I'm driving. When you get like that sit back down and lean forward w/ your head between your knees, it helps sometimes.
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
hypotension is usually caused by diuretics, anti-depressants, narcotics or alcohol. what you're describing though seems to be orthostatic hypotension (a sudden change in body position i.e. going from lying down to standing up position). drink lots of water, as dehydration can be a cause sometimes
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by waiting2smile)
if it keeps happening i think i'd be concerned.
I've been to the doctor - he said, and i quote 'try getting up more slowly' :rolleyes: i have tried that. it still happens though - esp at work i was hanging these tops above my head and i had to keep bending down to get hangers - if i have to keep bending down and standimg up it gets really bad. and i fainted (but i quickly sat down so i don't think anyone noticed) i'm only out for 5-10 secons usually, it's just really annoying and not very pleasant
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by oanjum)
i don't see how that would work..what does that do?
I'm not sure why it works, but it has kept me from going out completely quite afew times. Lying down w/ your feet elevated also helps, but if your already close to passing out you usually only have time to sit and lean over.
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Infinity)
Yeah, I'm hypogleicemic, (low blood sugar) I used to pass out all the time due to not eating right. Now I can pretty much tell if I'm gonna go out, so I have time to sit down or pull over if I'm driving. When you get like that sit back down and lean forward w/ your head between your knees, it helps sometimes.
i'm going to the doctors on tues for diabetes testing as i have lots of the other symptoms too i'm really worried
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hmm, try and eat more salt if possible. try and take things easy for the time being.
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2776)
Hmm, try and eat more salt if possible. try and take things easy for the time being.
that's another thing - i eat absolutely loads of salt so i've got no idea why i have such low bp. i think it just runs in my family
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i'm going to the doctors on tues for diabetes testing as i have lots of the other symptoms too i'm really worried
you can get home testing kits if you cant wait that long. apparently they're very accurate. that way you could check over the weekend or not have to make a doctors appointment.
emmz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
ive fainted 3 times in my life for unknown reasons
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
you can get home testing kits if you cant wait that long. apparently they're very accurate. that way you could check over the weekend or not have to make a doctors appointment.
well i had a friend who was diabetic, and she tested me with hers, but that was about 2 years ago now. i think i'll wait till tuesday - to tell you the truth i don't really wanna find out
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I hope your not diabetic. You could just be borderline, thats not that bad, you just have to learn to eat properly. Are you going long stretches w/out any food?
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Infinity)
I hope your not diabetic. You could just be borderline, thats not that bad, you just have to learn to eat properly. Are you going long stretches w/out any food?
no - but i used to do that quite a lot. and thanks
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
If she's diabetic or has any problems w/ her blood sugar she needs to see a doctor, home testing is just a guideline to where your sugar is at, you have to go and take a proper blood sugar test, meaning you fast for at least 12 hours and they draw blood from the vein not the finger tip.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
When I'm really tired (I get insomnia and cant sleep even tho my body is tired) the room sometimes starts spinning and then I go giddy and pass out.

Do you drink much caffeine? That affects me. I had drunk some of a certain caffeine drink that gives you wings and then I had to take my friend to casualty because she had an asthma attack. i felt myself go really dizzy and passed out in the middle of the casualty department I couldnt have been more embarassed. its just a good job it didnt happen when I was driving. The doctor thought it must have been the excess caffeine because I had no alcohol. i've never drunk caffeine drinks since except for tea and coffee and its never happened again.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.12%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.11%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.02%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.45%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.94%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.63%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.08%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.51%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads