Re-doing a GCSE in 6th form? Watch

marcoh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys,

For a while i've been contemplating wether or not to re-do my Math GCSE when during 6th Form.

The reason is that i've been doing foundation maths which is a huge let down for me. I have spoke to my teachers and they said that I should be doing higher maths (not that I was given a choice in the past). My teachers said that the reason i'm doing foundation is that my previous teacher "did not believe I was capable of doing higher".

So do you think that repeating my Math GCSE (higher) will hurt my chances when I apply to Uni in the U.S?

Do American Uni's care if a student repeats his GCSE? And will they know if I i have repeated it?

Thanks
manchild007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes they will know - for one, you have to write down the completion year of each exam. Secondly, your school shall need to inform them of your Math's GCSE in their transcript (i.e. both your original and retake grade would need to be written down).

And yes, they will care - you're effectively re-doing a GCSE (which is not normal for most students) b/c you failed it the first time.
marcoh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
The thing is i haven't failed it, i got the highest grade possible on foundation, which is a C.
OrmondDrone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why re-do the GCSE? I'd just focus on getting a good score in the SAT Math test.
manchild007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by marcoh)
The thing is i haven't failed it, i got the highest grade possible on foundation, which is a C.
Well they would still know that you weren't deemed capable enough of doing a basic higher level GCSE in mathematics, which won't really work in your favour at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
38.03%
No - but I will (53)
7.25%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (347)
47.47%

Watched Threads