The Student Room Group

OCR - F297: Strategic Management (June 2011)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by hannahsl
Yeah but isn't the case study there as background? I thought every question fitted well with the case study tbh, especially objectives and all that...but yeah questions 2/3 were worded strangely so i just sort of guessed what they wanted us to say, hopefully some of it will be right haha

Yeah I guess they did, just the amount of other stuff I went over and expected to come up didn't, which was quite annoying. But they were worded quite weirdly, oh well..we shall have to wait and see!
Reply 181
Original post by Dishra
Yeah I guess they did, just the amount of other stuff I went over and expected to come up didn't, which was quite annoying. But they were worded quite weirdly, oh well..we shall have to wait and see!

yeah we expected the overheads and organisational structure to come up, but suppose there is only a certain amount of questions they can ask. But yeah we'll have to wait and see!
Reply 182
My teachers also sending complaints about at, as after consideration of the decision tree question especially agreed that it was misleading and confusing.

But what happens from the complaints, like say they do take account of all the complaints about the paper, what would they do, and what actually happens?? Hope someone can help
Original post by colufc
My teachers also sending complaints about at, as after consideration of the decision tree question especially agreed that it was misleading and confusing.

But what happens from the complaints, like say they do take account of all the complaints about the paper, what would they do, and what actually happens?? Hope someone can help

They either will take away the 13 mark calculation question, or they will take what we did into consideration when marking our paper? Im sure it will be okay (i hope) haha
Reply 184
Original post by sunshine09
They either will take away the 13 mark calculation question, or they will take what we did into consideration when marking our paper? Im sure it will be okay (i hope) haha

to be honest, i can't see them doing a whole lot...the paper was fair it was just the questions were worded weirdly

suppose we will just have to wait and see
Reply 185
The questions where fair. Do your really expect them to use everything from the last two years ?!?
No, but I do expect questions to be worded in a way where you can make sense of what it actually wants you to do. I don't expect it to be spelt out for me, but I don't expect it to be written cryptically either.
I think the only issue with the paper was the calculation question which obviously put people off the other questions. That calculation question was worded wrong - because the whole node 1 was actually decision 1 so its OCR's fault for that question
Reply 188
Yeah i agree but surely if you knew how to use/do/work out decision trees anyway, the wording wouldn't have been such an issue.
Reply 189
I would just like to see the examiners report after the final results. Be something along the lines of:

"The calculation question seemed to completely fool all of our candidates (hehehe! :tongue:) and set the exam record for the amount of different answers received from one question..."

:mad:
Reply 190
Yeah hah, anyway so far I have received an email which doesn't progress much at this stage but still is something;

Dear Mr...

OCR Assessments

Thank you for your email dated 20th June.

We have a formal procedure for dealing with all such queries and complaints. We are progressing the issues you have raised through that route and we will be in contact with you again shortly.

Yours sincerely
Christine Jones

Complaints Co-ordinator
I spoke about the exam with my teacher yesterday. From his perspective there was nothing wrong with the exam and basically, the questions were meant to be like that and we shouldn't be so set in the way we answer the questions and that we should be expecting questions like this.

At the end of the day it's not him that needs the grades to get into university.
Reply 192
Original post by sunshine09
I spoke to my teacher today.. and apparently the calculation questions was wrong - on part of OCR.. so shes going to complain!?

are you sure!:s-smilie:
Reply 193
The long awaited response..

...Thank you for your email of 20 June 2011 and your comments following the examination for Unit F297: Strategic Management. I was sorry to read of your concerns regarding the content of this examination.

Our approach for considering any comments about an examination involves tabling and discussing them at the relevant standardisation meeting. We will feedback about the examination as a whole when we issue provisional results through the mark scheme and report to centres; these will be available through your centre.

We draw on various aspects of the specification for each examination paper and we have a regulatory obligation to assess each element of a unit’s content over the life of the qualification. The examination papers for unit F297 are synoptic.

With regards to your comments concerning customer service, I am sorry to hear that you were kept waiting on hold for an extended period. We take your comments seriously as I understand how vital efficient telephone contact is during an examination series. The Customer Contact Centre aims to provide timely first call resolution for centres and on this occasion we have clearly not met the high standards we strive to deliver. Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We are very grateful for your comments and will consider them again during the awarding process for this examination series when grade boundaries are determined...
What a load of *******s.
How did everyone do? I failed. :frown:
Reply 196
I got an A*...got 113/120 on that paper! :biggrin:
Original post by hannahsl
I got an A*...got 113/120 on that paper! :biggrin:

ahhhh fought I had the highest... i got 112/120
Reply 198
um...i got 120/120. beat that
Original post by ough789
um...i got 120/120. beat that

i got 121/120. beat that