I want to lose close to a stone in 4 weeks..here's how I'm going to do it Watch

kalaghoda
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Will it work?
I'm going to walk fast/jog(depends) every evening for an hour, 7.2 kilometres followed by a half-hour swim.
Diet-wise, I'm going to eat a lot of cereal for breakfast, probably museli and an apple. Lunch will be a regular meal, of course with not too much of fatty stuff and some salad. I'll have some biscuits and another apple at around 4 and then just a glass of milk for dinn
MancBoy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Starving yourself is very dangerous for your health. Look into low carb dieting. There are many resources on the net.
khushali_p
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
a glass of milk for dinner? :confused:
Snippyboy16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would advise having 5 or 6 smaller meals throughout the day as this will keep your metabolism going meaning you are burning off more energy. So it sounds al right, but I would have something more substantial for dinner, also, instead of biscuits I would have maybe a few nuts. The exercise is good

Good Luck!
OrmondDrone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your food plan does not sound balanced. and why eat 'some biscuits' when you are trying to lose weight? They are just empty calories. Having just milk for dinner is not a good idea.

Why not go for a lifestyle change rather than a crash diet - health and fitness should be for life otherwise you will spend your whole life as a yo-yo dieter.
musicfreak2410
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's possible to loose around about a stone in 4 weeks if you eat properly. i'm hoping to do the same, and thus far, after 2 weeks, have lost 8 pounds. Breakfast is cereal, lunch is jacket potato with beans and dinner is steamed chicken or fish with rice and veggies. I go zumba 3 times a week and try and walk places as much as possible. you don't have to starve yourself...i don't think having a glass of milk will be very beneficial....it just means you'll crave more and then have to give in to what ever is easiest...usually a big bar of chocolate or a big bag of crisps!
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kalaghoda)
Will it work?
I'm going to walk fast/jog(depends) every evening for an hour, 7.2 kilometres followed by a half-hour swim.
Diet-wise, I'm going to eat a lot of cereal for breakfast, probably museli and an apple. Lunch will be a regular meal, of course with not too much of fatty stuff and some salad. I'll have some biscuits and another apple at around 4 and then just a glass of milk for dinn
You're an idiot. Eat when you feel hungry, but eat in moderation. Regular short meals. The diet you've made is ****, change it to something healthier, replace the apple with vegetables, cut down on the milk, no biscuits, and no - you're not going to eat a lot of cereal for breakfast, don't do that, it had better be free of any artificial junk, and have a glass of orange juice too.

Do not starve yourself, surprisingly, you won't lose any weight that way.

Eat whenever you're hungry but be careful of how much you eat during each meal. The exercise will take care of the rest, swimming is very good exercise. But you need to eat and drink plenty of water. Water is key.
kalaghoda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
You're an idiot. Eat when you feel hungry, but eat in moderation. Regular short meals. The diet you've made is ****, change it to something healthier, replace the apple with vegetables, cut down on the milk, no biscuits, and no - you're not going to eat a lot of cereal for breakfast, don't do that, it had better be free of any artificial junk, and have a glass of orange juice too.

Do not starve yourself, surprisingly, you won't lose any weight that way.

Eat whenever you're hungry but be careful of how much you eat during each meal. The exercise will take care of the rest, swimming is very good exercise. But you need to eat and drink plenty of water. Water is key.
By biscuits I mean nutritious biscuits, oh well, what would you suggest I eat at around 4 o clock then? And isn't apple a healthy fruit to eat, I can't eat vegetables for breakfast.
kalaghoda
Rep:
?
(Original post by musicfreak2410)
It's possible to loose around about a stone in 4 weeks if you eat properly. i'm hoping to do the same, and thus far, after 2 weeks, have lost 8 pounds. Breakfast is cereal, lunch is jacket potato with beans and dinner is steamed chicken or fish with rice and veggies. I go zumba 3 times a week and try and walk places as much as possible. you don't have to starve yourself...i don't think having a glass of milk will be very beneficial....it just means you'll crave more and then have to give in to what ever is easiest...usually a big bar of chocolate or a big bag of crisps!
Thanks for sharing. Do you eat the same thing every day? And just these 3 meals, nothing in between?
kalaghoda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Snippyboy16)
I would advise having 5 or 6 smaller meals throughout the day as this will keep your metabolism going meaning you are burning off more energy. So it sounds al right, but I would have something more substantial for dinner, also, instead of biscuits I would have maybe a few nuts. The exercise is good

Good Luck!
What could I have for dinner? The thing is, I work and won't be able to cut down so much on what I eat for lunch.
kalaghoda
Rep:
?
(Original post by OrmondDrone)
Your food plan does not sound balanced. and why eat 'some biscuits' when you are trying to lose weight? They are just empty calories. Having just milk for dinner is not a good idea.

Why not go for a lifestyle change rather than a crash diet - health and fitness should be for life otherwise you will spend your whole life as a yo-yo dieter.
I understand what you're saying but I really need to lose weight within the next month. By biscuits, I meant nutritious biscuits.
OrmondDrone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
By biscuits, I meant nutritious biscuits.
I don't think such exist - stick to proper food. Limit carbs, eat plenty of protein, fruit and vegetables.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
By biscuits I mean nutritious biscuits, oh well, what would you suggest I eat at around 4 o clock then? And isn't apple a healthy fruit to eat, I can't eat vegetables for breakfast.
Yeah apples are healthy, but considering you want to lose weight fast, I suggested vegetables. But apples are fine then, have one.

Eat until you're full - keep it fairly simple, short and regular. A lot of people at a young age are forced to finish their plates, they are effectively taught to overeat and get used to it. Don't do this, it's barely noticeable, but you'll know when you no longer need to eat any further.

Around 16:00 you could try vegetables, potatoes (or mashed) with grilled meat.

The key is regular exercise and water, turn that food into something.

If your goal is to lose weight fast, then you need to go on a very low-carbohydrate diet. Pretty much no sugary foods whatsoever.
I'm_Unsafe.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There is no way you will be able to jog 7k, swim for half an hour and not need a substantial meal afterwards. Or before, I suppose.
int92
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Snippyboy16)

Good Luck!
prove it
musicfreak2410
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks for sharing. Do you eat the same thing every day? And just these 3 meals, nothing in between?
well i mixed it up a bit, like breakfast i might have weetabix with alpro soya and banana on top with a teaspoon of maple syrup...or like strawberry's another day, raspberry's etc. just some fruit so it doesn't get boring. then for lunch you can have like jacket potato with beans or a little bit of cottage cheese or a turkey slice sandwich with brown bread. for dinner i usually had the same thing, steamed chicken or steamed fish with loads of veg. i would have a snack at 11ish, like a yoghurt and then fruit mainly....oh and drink plenty of water i think the best thing is just to cut all the crappy foods like sweets, chocolate, crisps, biscuits, cakes etc....hope that helps
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Eat until you're full - keep it fairly simple, short and regular. A lot of people at a young age are forced to finish their plates, they are effectively taught to overeat and get used to it. Don't do this, it's barely noticeable, but you'll know when you no longer need to eat any further.
I have nothing to say on the diet front but this really annoys me! I see it all the time! I used to work at McDonalds, and the amount of times you hear parents say to their kids "You can't play with your toy until you've eaten ALL your food" is remarkable! I wish I wasn't taught this as a kid!

Now I find it much easier to stop when I'm full, and then put my food away in the fridge. Then, if I'm hungry later on, I'll eat that, instead of snacks with absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever! (btw, this is a great diet tip if you struggle with snacking as much as I do!)
LilacTweet
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Use something like this..... http://www.myfitnesspal.com

I've lost 6lb in 3 weeks, which I know isn't quite as dramatic weight loss as you'd like, but it's more realistic, and I'll keep it off. (Also, because how heavy you are affects your weight loss, I would like to point out That I was fairly slim before, so obviously if your carrying more weight you'll lose more than me). I haven't had to starve, or rule out any foods, (it just counts your calories when you enter your meals) so that you have 1200cals per day, so you can eat whatever you like as long as you keep to you fat, carb, protein, and calorie limits. If you do more exercise, then you can eat more calories, as you can enter that in too. It was recommended to me by a friend, and I know several people who've used it and it's been really successful for... so I hope it helps!

Also crash diets don't work -you either give up, or pile on the weight as soon as you eat normally again... you may even gain more weight after.....
As for the no carb thing, my friend did that, worked well, but she put on loads of weight after, and was really ill when she started eating again, although I appreciate that may not be the same for everyone!

Best of Luck
imperial maniac
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Starving yourself won't work.

But yeah, the exercise will be good.
shadow99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would cut out biscuits completely, and go for semi-skimmed milk. If you do this much exercise then you will definitely lose weight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise