Bin Laden vs. The Royal Wedding Watch

Poll: Bin Laden vs. The Royal Wedding - which would win?
Bin Laden (13)
50%
The Royal Wedding (13)
50%
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
If both has occured on the same day, which one would the media have favoured reporting - Bin Laden's death or The Royal Wedding?

I reckon The Royal Wedding. Bin Laden's death is important, sure, but you can't really get so much coverage from it. New stories such as "Bin Laden found dressed in clothes designed by..." and "Decline in street parties at Bin Laden's death: is this a sign of less support for anti-terrorism?" don't really fly, do they?
Enoch.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Did they occurred in the same day?

I vote Bin Ladden.
G550NDH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would say Bin Laden as well. Obama would be like this :
JoeLatics
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I voted Bin Laden because it should - but we all know about the BBC bias in particular!
Reminisce
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well... you'd get live coverage as well as new information comes out as we have seen today. Like, the details on the SEAL team that assaulted his mansion and how they lost a helicopter, etc. Then the news updated again soon after than Bin Laden was shot in the head, etc. etc. etc.

Basically, the way the information is slowly revealed to build up a whole picture of how it actually happened would, in my opinion, be more interesting than the Royal Wedding. Then of course, we'd hear about how governments respond. But that might just be me since politics > Royal affairs.
OrmondDrone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd go with the Royal Wedding too - there's not that much information on the OBL death and it all looks a bit grubby compared to shiny uniforms, frocks and silly hats. They could merge them - large crowds waving little flags to commemorate the wedding and mourn the death of beloved character actor Osama Bin Laden, star of tv's "Fox News".
proud nd luvin it
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It would mean more to people to hear about Bin Laden, but perhaps the Royal Wedding would be more interesting...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.39%
No - but I will (38)
6.83%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.65%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (262)
47.12%

Watched Threads