How do I get myself out of this cycle of getting messed around by people? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am a female in my first year of uni, I haven't got any close female or male friends at uni, even though I am friends with the guys in my flat, I haven't really made any friends that I feel close to. I have met a few guys whilst I've been here, it is nice whilst it lasts because I have someone to come over and go out with, but each of them have turned out to be users/just wanted sex and then ditched me. I was seeing this one guy for a month, he ditched me and then his friend showed an interest in me. I didn't want sex with him, I just wanted company and he was always telling me he was lonely and stuff so we just gave each other company. After about a month, I had sex with him him. (This was the other day) now hes completely stopped talking to me, and told him never to speak to him again. I don't know what to do because I don't have many friends here and I feel like having a boyfriend would make me happier. What do I do? I seem to go in the same cycle of meeting someone, they get what they want and then ditch me, I feel so **** and then I have no close friends to talk to :'( how do I get myself out of this???
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Stop taking crap from people is probably the simplest way I can put it. Don't be a pushover and concentrate on what you want for a change.
ibs137
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As Barney Stinson says "when I'm sad, i stop being sad and be awesome instead"

so you can give that a try
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Focus on university and making friends, rather than focusing on getting a boyfriend.
You're too focused on first getting a boyfriend .. some guys would take advantage of that.
Just focus on first meeting other people and making friends, before you know it, you'll meet the right guy.. who 's interested in a relationship and not just sex.
imonlysleeping
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You will never get a boyfriend (or at least one that will last) when you are looking for one. You can just sense it on people. I think you need to just focus on other stuff (as someone said above) like uni etc and making some friends who are just that. Things will happen naturally
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads