I have no idea what to do with my A Level subjects Watch

tarazzle
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
See my sig for my current subjects.

So, I'm getting to that stage now where I'm deciding what to do at university...and I'm a bit stuck. My subjects are bound to be ridiculed which is not helping. I quite like the look of Law, but again I don't think universities would like my AS subjects. I also like the look of Philosophy & Literature combined, English Language & Literature, Journalism or perhaps something Psychology based...would they be suitable for my AS subject choices? I'd love to go to a top uni (I doubt Oxford would like my A Level choices and would probably reject me straight away, but I'm also talking about places like Warwick and Bristol) but will my A Level choices hold me back?

Any suggestions for what I could do at uni with my subjects would be greatly appreciated as I literally don't know what to do!
Placebo101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There are graduate courses after taking your degree that you can take if you want to work in the legal sector and you'll find that you'll find that there are similar alternatives for journalism. You're best off studying what you love at university. Also, you're subjects are weak, but not that weak.
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tarazzle)
See my sig for my current subjects.

So, I'm getting to that stage now where I'm deciding what to do at university...and I'm a bit stuck. My subjects are bound to be ridiculed which is not helping. I quite like the look of Law, but again I don't think universities would like my AS subjects. I also like the look of Philosophy & Literature combined, English Language & Literature, Journalism or perhaps something Psychology based...would they be suitable for my AS subject choices? I'd love to go to a top uni (I doubt Oxford would like my A Level choices and would probably reject me straight away, but I'm also talking about places like Warwick and Bristol) but will my A Level choices hold me back?

Any suggestions for what I could do at uni with my subjects would be greatly appreciated as I literally don't know what to do!
Once upon a time before I signed up to this site, I'm being honest, I intended to do the very same subjects you wanted to do.

Psychology at degree level *normally* requires a science, at the top universities.

But anyways, put it this way - study for a subject you like, not because you "want to go to uni".

As for Oxford, I can honestly say you can forget about it. 4 "not good" A-levels? Ouch.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (145)
38.26%
No - but I will (21)
5.54%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (185)
48.81%

Watched Threads