Politics is too antagonistic? Watch

sammynorton90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've noticed that people from opposite ends of the political spectrum, instead of discussing their views and ultimately trying to reach an agreement and solution that works out best for everyone, will just be really antagonistic towards people that disagree with their view and make out as if they're the devil. I consider myself liberal, but at the end of the day I realise that conservatives aren't the spawn of Satan, but generally want the same results I do but just differ on the methods of achieving it.

Instead of people viewing each issue as it comes and judging what they think is best based on gut feeling or common sense, its like they stick to a manifesto. So if they're liberal but agree with the conservatives on a certain issue will just deny it and go with the general liberal consensus. At the end of the day liberals aren't going to be right on every issue, and neither are conservatives, sometimes one will have to adopt the others idea to make the system work or do whats best.
rajandkwameali
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
human nature is as it is. This is so since people are often steadfast in their views.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads