So, you enter heaven... Watch

AlexoEx0
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Suppose there is a god, there is a heaven, you enter it if you have been "judged" to be sufficiently "good" to enter it.

What would you do? Or perhaps, what would there be to do?

Think about it, would you be naive to begin with? With others in heaven being "heaven pros" and some person comes up to you and shows the in's and out's of what heaven is like?

Or do you have such great knowledge of life, the universe and everything that you just suddenly understand it all and there's no need to ask questions?

You could speak with your past relatives and even some of the greats which you have always wanted to talk to if you lived in "their time", or God, of course.

But would it all get rather boring? There wouldn't be really anything "recreational" to do with your time because (1) you have eternity...pause for effect...to do whatever you want and (2) Almost anything you may consider "fun" in our current lives may not be the same cup of tea in heaven?

I was playing cricket on Saturday, I thought, could you play cricket (or for that, any other sport worth noting) in heaven? Or would it be pointless, because there wouldn't be any physical or mental pain if you harm yourself or "don't win" so what would be the point?

What would you do in heaven to pass the time?
hxecute
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Watch Nyancat I guess...
evolutionaryme
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd ask Jesus to do some magic
csea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
get your virgins

(jk)
sollythewise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AlexoEx0)
Suppose there is a god, there is a heaven, you enter it if you have been "judged" to be sufficiently "good" to enter it.

What would you do? Or perhaps, what would there be to do?

Think about it, would you be naive to begin with? With others in heaven being "heaven pros" and some person comes up to you and shows the in's and out's of what heaven is like?

Or do you have such great knowledge of life, the universe and everything that you just suddenly understand it all and there's no need to ask questions?

You could speak with your past relatives and even some of the greats which you have always wanted to talk to if you lived in "their time", or God, of course.

But would it all get rather boring? There wouldn't be really anything "recreational" to do with your time because (1) you have eternity...pause for effect...to do whatever you want and (2) Almost anything you may consider "fun" in our current lives may not be the same cup of tea in heaven?

I was playing cricket on Saturday, I thought, could you play cricket (or for that, any other sport worth noting) in heaven? Or would it be pointless, because there wouldn't be any physical or mental pain if you harm yourself or "don't win" so what would be the point?

What would you do in heaven to pass the time?
there is no time in heaven.
Manitude
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hit on Boudicca and Cleopatra.
rajandkwameali
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
if there is a heaven, it probably is anything you make it out to be. humans are limited, so who is to say there are limits in heaven, or any afterlife?
Lewroll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No you couldn't speak with some of the greats (if heaven was real). Imagine millions of 'souls' wanting to sing with elvis or michael jackson. They wont be able to talk to all of them.
Mask Of Sanity
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lewroll)
No you couldn't speak with some of the greats (if heaven was real). Imagine millions of 'souls' wanting to sing with elvis or michael jackson. They wont be able to talk to all of them.
Why not? If it is eternal...
Lewroll
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
Why not? If it is eternal...
Good point. But say if billions of people all wanted to talk to them, I imagine they would get bored or tired, or they may just not want to do it. But then thats assuming you can get bored or tired in heaven, so, yeah maybe you're right.
iainthegreat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just like JD and Turk on Scrubs, I'm planning on there being a lesbian cloud. :yep:
rex.t.zephron
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Play Battlefield 2
CapnHooch
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To be honest if I managed to get in to heaven, I'd have to question God on his entry requirements....
Mask Of Sanity
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lewroll)
Good point. But say if billions of people all wanted to talk to them, I imagine they would get bored or tired, or they may just not want to do it. But then thats assuming you can get bored or tired in heaven, so, yeah maybe you're right.
I suppose if they personally didn't want to or wanted to do something else, then since the option wasn't available, the billions would automatically not want to do it anyway... This heaven business is confusing.
Mechie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I bet PSN isn't down in heaven.
OhUmDan?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You could do anything you've ever wanted to do and more. I would talk to Jesus about my life, like what could have been or where I went wrong and stuff
Arrrrrmelia
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe in heaven or whatever afterlife everything is put in to a different perspective and nobody cares about "celebrities". I like to think of it as a place where everyone is completely content and without greed, hunger or boredom. So why would there need to be "recreational activities" if everyone is content doing in nothing?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used to think about Heaven a lot when I was younger. I had this picture in my head of my Grandad and I playing lego This was when I was about 7. But I assume there would be plenty to do, if it were supposed to be the most wonderful place ever surely boredom wouldn't be in existance.
rex.t.zephron
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by OhUmDan?)
You could do anything you've ever wanted to do and more. I would talk to Jesus about my life, like what could have been or where I went wrong and stuff
Yeah and he would say to you " I am not the Messiah, I am just a very naughty boy "
Lewroll
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
I suppose if they personally didn't want to or wanted to do something else, then since the option wasn't available, the billions would automatically not want to do it anyway... This heaven business is confusing.
I imagine heaven would be quite boring. You probably wont be able to watch any violent or sexy films or play any violent or sexy games. There wont be any boxing or wrestling. No drama. No Jeremy Kyle show or angry riots. Just everyone dancing around all day with milk and honey and singing to god. Whereas hell is probably sexy and bloody and violent and exciting
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (356)
37.63%
No - but I will (74)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (66)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (450)
47.57%

Watched Threads