Getting along with someone who bullied me as a child Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Let's see. In primary school I was a quiet, normal girl. When I was 11 these three new girls joined my class and they became friends, then all of a sudden the three of them were targeting me to be their bullying victim. I wasn't particularly close to them, I would say they hardly knew me, but I found out from other people that they pretty much "decided" that they hated me.

To cut the story short, they made my time in school since then a living hell. Starting rumours about me, turning my friends against me, stealing from me, etc when I KNEW I never provoked them to begin with. I ended up transferring to another school because I couldn't take it anymore.

Now, a few years later I find out that one of the girls is a close family friend to my boyfriend's family.

I really would prefer not to meet her, but it would be inevitable at some point. How do I deal with this? I am afraid that If I tell them about the past they will think I am someone who doesn't let go of petty issues, but this girl quite literally drove me out of a school I had been going to for years.
*Dreaming*
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't want to meet her either. Maybe tell your boyfriend about it?
LadyLondoner
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The girl is a *****; I'd meet her and see what she'd have to say for herself
KNOB-head
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
sniff each other
Cheesecakefactory
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
get her naked and slap her tits around.

Sorry... I'm just distracted.
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Discreetly explain the issue to your boyfriend but don't avoid meeting her if you have too. For all you know she may regret it and want to apologise or she may even have forgotten all about it and think you are someone completely different. If not surely she wouldn't try to bully you again in front of your boyfriends family. One would hope she would have grown out of it.
NaturalDisaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A similar thing happened to me! Although I was much younger than you were. I was about eight or something at the time, and also ended up moving schools. I met them all a few years later when I went to secondary school and largely ignored them. But when I made friends with a new girl at school who was also friends with one of my former "bullies", we ended up talking to each other more and she's one of my best friends now. But since I was younger when it happened to me I think we all grew a lot more. There's a possibility that you may be able to get on fairly well with this girl now, she might have grown up a bit since then if you're lucky. Just try and be nice to her and put the past behind you, as hard as it is.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
I wouldnt mention it to him just in case he mentions it to his family or something and she gets wind of it. Just play at as though you don't remember her if you can because if she gets any idea that it still bothers you, she might decide to do it to you again by manipulating your bf or his family.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
i have told him, however he's had a good childhood. He was always popular and was never bullied before in his life, so i understand that he can't relate. He thinks that I am making too much of a big deal out of a small issue from years ago. It's a bit hard to do that when that was a part of my life I locked away and refused to even think about until now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (250)
39.06%
No - but I will (44)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise