HELP! I think my brother has an eating disorder. Watch

Oxbridge-Rawr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
A couple of years ago i watched a documentary on eating disorders and I found it really interesting, so I decided to do more research. As a result, I know quite a bit about eating disorders.

He's been losing so much weight! I mean it's literally dropping off him and he's always exercising (in fact he's pacing back and forth in the corridor right now). I haven't seen him eat anything in a very long time and he just spends all his time on the computer.
A couple of days ago, I was going to go into the toilet after him, when I heard him throw up. When he came out, I asked if he was okay and he said that he was fine, and just had a stomach bug.
He's also REFUSING to go to the hospital or visit the doctors for a check-up - because he's suddenly decided that he hates it.
I'm so worried! I don't know what to do!!
A lot has been happening at home lately and I think that this may have triggered it.

How shall I go about handling this?
animalnitrate
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Try talking to him about it, if he doesn't want to discuss it then tell your parents about your concerns. It could just be nothing but it's better to be safe than sorry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (61)
37.2%
No - but I will (6)
3.66%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.1%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (87)
53.05%

Watched Threads