A2 grade predictions? Watch

goussberry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Do teachers usually predict A2 grades based on AS achievements?
lozzyhickers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, but if you're going to be taking a retake then they may predict higher than you got at AS. Some colleges predict a grade higher anyway, but you may find that the predict the same grades as AS.
Jtking3000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Annoyingly yes :-/
Elwyn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It depends on the school/college. Some are very strict and their word is final, others you can beg them for a better grade to give you a better chance and they'll give it to you. Some predict the same as AS, some higher and a very small amount I've heard even predict lower!
evolutionaryme
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm predicted 2 D's and an A, not quite sure how i feel about it though
lozzyhickers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Elwyn)
It depends on the school/college. Some are very strict and their word is final, others you can beg them for a better grade to give you a better chance and they'll give it to you. Some predict the same as AS, some higher and a very small amount I've heard even predict lower!
I've heard of this too. In my college they predict the same as AS, unless it's law, in which case the stats show it's harder to imporve the grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads