This discussion is closed.
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
i saw it....not really quality. :confused:
yeh it was a bit weird. still a valid scientific investigation which will no doubt get me top marks for biology coursework.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You know that just by being on your computer now you're technicaly risking the chance of cancer? CRT monitors generate EMF radiation which has been linked to cancer. So does the power supply inside your PC.

The worst things that give of EMF are TVs (and monitors), washing machines, dish washers, tumble dryers basicaly anything with a large motor in it.

TFT monitors however give off virtualy no EMF so are a much saver option.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
You know that just by being on your computer now you're technicaly risking the chance of cancer? CRT monitors generate EMF radiation which has been linked to cancer. So does the power supply inside your PC.

The worst things that give of EMF are TVs (and monitors), washing machines, dish washers, tumble dryers basicaly anything with a large motor in it.

um, which is flat screen? :confused:
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
um, which is flat screen? :confused:
If you mean flat in as in the entire thing is flat (like modern monitors i.e no big back) then it is a TFT. CRTs are the old fashioned ones with tubes.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)

You theoretically increase your chance of getting cancer by being in hospital, it's all relative though, so there's no use worrying about trivial things.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Can cancer be caused by having too much sex?
Not by having too much, but more by having it with the wrong person, Ie. cervical cancer in women, can be caused by having sex w/ someone who has a std. Never heard of any for men though.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
Not by having too much, but more by having it with the wrong person, Ie. cervical cancer in women, can be caused by having sex w/ someone who has a std.
ugh
MC
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Not by having too much, but more by having it with the wrong person, Ie. cervical cancer in women, can be caused by having sex w/ someone who has a std.
I think im going to become celebate. im sooo scared.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
vaginal cancer is increased in risk when the man has a foreskin apparently
GH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
You theoretically increase your chance of getting cancer by being in hospital, it's all relative though, so there's no use worrying about trivial things.
Isn't that because these people have cancer go to hospitals? And people don't have cancer don't?
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
USE CONDOMS!
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
the individual has a unique vulnerabitliy to cancer. dont spend your life worring about it, if it happens, it happens. just dont wipe yer bum with pink toilet paper and u'll b fine.
MC
Rep:
?
USE CONDOMS!
Condoms cause cancer as well. :confused: :eek:
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Isn't that because these people have cancer go to hospitals? And people don't have cancer don't?
No, the background radiation in hospitals is much higher than a normal environment, so prolonged exposure would theoretically increase the chance of getting cancer.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Oxygen also causes cancer, with all those free radicals floating around :rolleyes:
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
USE CONDOMS!
some people are catholic though. pope condemns condoms
MC
Rep:
?
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
the individual has a unique vulnerabitliy to cancer. dont spend your life worring about it, if it happens, it happens. just dont wipe yer bum with pink toilet paper and u'll b fine.
i use green paper so i should be ok.
MC
Rep:
?
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
Oxygen also causes cancer, with all those free radicals floating around :rolleyes:
I know. Radon gas and all that....Oh, what a life...
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Anything that uses magnetic fields or electic fields or radiation or toxic chemicals or bacteria or, well, anything that can enter your body is potentialy harmfull, and links have been made to canser from all (not allways direct). Plus, after the first A-bomb tests, there have been substances in the air (worse after chernobal(sp) and other such explosions). AND people smoking releases hundereds or thousands of cancer causing "free radicals" into the air (and many times that number into the smoker). Mobile phones earpieces can direct the microwaves into your brain. Being exposed to any radar style device can cause cancer or infertility. Radar is now used everywhere.

This means that by living in a stone cave in a isolated forest on an deserted island, wearing a lead suit and eating only bread and water, you would still be exposed to cancer causing substances. So screw it. Donate to cancer charity and support the NHS. And have fun.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yeah well, when you think about evrything else ie. stds, the big one AIDS, I'll take my chances w/ the damn condoms.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (56)
4.8%
Uncertainty around my education (177)
15.18%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (128)
10.98%
Lack of purpose or motivation (165)
14.15%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (51)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.83%
Loneliness (101)
8.66%
Financial worries (39)
3.34%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (56)
4.8%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.8%
Lack of real life entertainment (62)
5.32%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (104)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (103)
8.83%

Watched Threads