18 year old girl - Do I have a chance with 22-23 year old guys? Watch

bingobongo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So I'm fed up with all the boys I know that are my own age - they're all just obsessed with being lads, getting drunk and getting as many girls as they can. Due to this I'm starting to find myself attracted to older guys I've been meeting that are about 22 or 23. It is worth pursuing anything or will they just see me as a stupid 18 year old?

Thanks
baffled_mathman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, without doubt. At 18, you can attract boys and men of ANY age. They will only see you as "stupid" if they, or you are stupid in reality.
Elbonian
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't you think that's a bit shallow?
emmi_lou
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah you have a chance, don't see why not, unless you act incessantly like a child then all's fine
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
18 is a golden age for you, but 22-23 year olds won't be much more mature.
RequiemForADream
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not every guy your age is the same you know...way to generalise a whole age group :facepalm:
Khaysha-Saine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
22 year old men go out with 18-2year olds all the time so it should be fine
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
or you could just go up a year .. 19:rolleyes:
areonite
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bingobongo)
So I'm fed up with all the boys I know that are my own age - they're all just obsessed with being lads, getting drunk and getting as many girls as they can. Due to this I'm starting to find myself attracted to older guys I've been meeting that are about 22 or 23. It is worth pursuing anything or will they just see me as a stupid 18 year old?

Thanks
Once you get to 17/18+ relationships become less and less about age. When I was 18 I was seeing somebody 10 years older than me (who I happen to still be with now). It really depends on your, and their, level of maturity, how much you have in common, etc.

A lot of 22/23 year old guys have actually not matured all that much from 18!! And you might be more/ less mature than most girls of your age. (I'm guessing you're a little more mature seeing as you're rejecting guys your age!)

It's all about compatibility at the end of the day! Everyone is different.
x_alicat_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm 17 and about half of my friendship group have boyfriends (or at least plan to) of that age range. There is nothing wrong with it but from what I've experienced they arent that much more mature, maybe you need to target a different type of friend group rather than a different age range. If you meet men at bars... they're gonna be into drinking. If you find yourself a starbucks boyfriend, you might find a more sincere relationship. Either way, I look for someone I feel comfotable around and makes me smile, regardless of their interests or habits.
legal_beagle
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As a 24 year old guy, I would definitely have sex with a good looking 18 year old, but I honestly doubt I could connect meaningfully with a girl your age to the extent that I would want a long-term relationship - and this applied when I was 22-23 years old though obv it is more the case now). For me, it would mean dating someone who had just finished or was still doing their A-levels when I already had a degree, had seen and done a bunch, had been with girls several years older, you get the drift.

You will definitely find 22-23 yos who will date you, but you may find they are pretty immature for their age (though you may not realise this at the time and it may be no bad thing). 4-5 years is a long time in your early 20s, and there will be a gulf in experiences.

20-21 year old chaps may be more in your sweet spot for guys. I know that's the age of girls I tend to date, so it probably skews down in a similar way.
LiviD
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My friend who is 17 is going out with a 29 year old. i admit this is a bit far fetched, but same point. he's not bad looking either. i would go for it although i do agree that you are generalising. lads can be lads with their friends, but around girls some guys are completely different.
skarab
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ye, u have a great chance, but it's probebly like x_alicat_x said, u need to target different types of guys, for example i'm 18, but i've only gotten particularly drunk once, and not very drunk, am a virgin and have no interest in being a "lad", clearly the opposite of all the things you said about 18 year old guys :P
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's not the age that denotes the maturity, yaknow.

There are plenty of guys your own age who are more than mature. Not our fault if you don't notice them.
Stressworthy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not much in age, tbh, I know it's probably an annoying and overused phrase but it really is just a number. All about you as a person.
kat91s
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am 19 and my boyfriend is 23, but I have gone up to 24 before. In the past when I've dated my own age or even a year or two older, the maturity gap has been a huge problem for me. I seem to have no problem attracting older men, in fact my friends joke that they swarm to me, and when I say older I mean 30+, so you know there are definitely enough interested guys out there. The important thing is that you have a similar level of maturity, if that's right, then age doesn't matter.
M1F2R3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, if you're a 7 +
Steezy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you're hot, you can attract any male you wish
Don Serious
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Jheez all the older guys get loads of pussy, depriving the younger ones....can't wait till I'm 30 lol
rob6709
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bingobongo)

Thanks
Hate to burst your bubble, I'm afraid you'll find the majority of guys upto 27-30 will be no different than 18 year old's. Just a more experienced version of their younger selves. I'm 22 and I still do similar thing's.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (11)
14.1%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (6)
7.69%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (15)
19.23%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (10)
12.82%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (10)
12.82%
How can I be the best version of myself? (26)
33.33%

Watched Threads