Turn on thread page Beta

Changing courses at the same uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey ppl,
    I hope this hasnt been asked loads of times, and if it has i do apologise! Anyway i was just wondering how commom and easy it is to change course at the same uni after you have started their (I have heard of a few ppl doing this). For example ive been accepted at exeter and nottingham for business and management, but now want to study psychology, and was wondering what my chances would be of being able to change course, such as by continuously annoying the department lol. Any info will be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Providing you get it done fairly soon in the first term, it's normally okay. I think you might have left it a bit late, however.

ReputationRep:
    I guess you'd have to do it at the start of the year, perhaps speak to someone when you get back after xmas. It will probably depend on the popularity of the course as well, Psychology is popular, so I'd ask sooner rather than later really.

ReputationRep:
    It completely depends on the uni's specific admissions requirements. When I was at york, 6 days in freshers week I wanted to change from 'maths' to 'maths and philosophy', but they wouldn't let me beacuse the course was over subscribed. You need to get in touch with them as soon as possible if this is what you are intending to do.

ReputationRep:
    I originally applied to do English, but changed my mind. All I did was email the university, and head of the Sociology department and it got swapped over with no problems. All this was before the final UCAS deadline mind.

ReputationRep:
    Thanx for ur replies, i guess i should have mentioned that i havent actually started yet and im starting next september!
    LubyLoo, did it not matter then that ur personal statement was aimed at doing english and not sociology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spenza88)
    Thanx for ur replies, i guess i should have mentioned that i havent actually started yet and im starting next september!
    LubyLoo, did it not matter then that ur personal statement was aimed at doing english and not sociology?
    It didn't matter at all. It didn't take much effort to sort out at all. I kept my original PS.

ReputationRep:
    ok, thanx for ur help

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.