What's it really like at LSE? Watch

Andre-Santos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Oxbridge is known to have a snob culture, with many from highly educated/ highly wealthy households who tend to form cliques and look down on those from state schools or from inner city areas . LSE's student body is highly international and they are known to also take a reasonable proportion of students on from lower income households. does this reduce that sort of behaviour ? Are there still people who behave snobishly at LSE ?
Could anybody give a fair description of the typical LSE student?
xrxyxaxnx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
LSE has a good mix of people from all different backgrounds, just like any place should. There do seem to be a disproportionate amount of wealthy people about, perhaps due to the increased fees that the international students expect to pay, but, having been the poor scholarship kid at an expensive and uppity private school, LSE doesn't have a particularly snobby clique or attitude. But that's simply my opinion, and people at different halls (I'm in cheap Rosebery haha) might have a different one.
Andre-Santos
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by xrxyxaxnx)
LSE has a good mix of people from all different backgrounds, just like any place should. There do seem to be a disproportionate amount of wealthy people about, perhaps due to the increased fees that the international students expect to pay, but, having been the poor scholarship kid at an expensive and uppity private school, LSE doesn't have a particularly snobby clique or attitude. But that's simply my opinion, and people at different halls (I'm in cheap Rosebery haha) might have a different one.

Thanks for your answer, glad it doesnt seem like some of the other top unis that Ive read/visited
Conkermon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Most people I've met at LSE have been fairly wealthy if not loaded. Lots have very successful parents. There are those that don't as well and it certainly hasn't seemed super snobby.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads