Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Anyone who watches bleach or gets the concept is welcome
Stratos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I fullbrought when I saw this thread, but seriously the only likeable character is Aizen.
The Cornerstone
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This should be more popular lol
Enoch.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
no, bleach sucks. At leasts chad is not kissing the floor anymore.
Zetsubeau
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I gave up on Bleach. I was watching the anime over last summer and got to about episode 160 (since I recently broke up with my ex at the time and that seemed a reasonable thing to do) and... guh.
It was amazing, if very flawed, until Soul Society.
The author admits to having a lot of flaws, and one of them is that when he gets stuck, he invents new characters. This is not a good thing. Soul Society introduced way too many characters, and it was a big downward slope from there. I really honestly didn't like the mystery of Soul Society being revealed and I found all but probably the Aizen reveal to be pretty dull.
I'm ignoring the massive filler and all of Bount because it's almost all completely terrible. But filler is a massive problem with this series. That and length.
Arrancar started pretty okay. The pacing sucked but it always has in this series. But then it just dragged, not just was a bit slow. And from then it was just so boring. Plot points were just everywhere and I couldn't be bothered watching the next 200 or whatever to know whether it gets better.
I heard they only just finished Hueco Mundo. I'm in awe. What's worse? It's still going. I really don't know how. It's the same with One Piece and Naruto: they've been going on too long now.
Okay One Piece isn't so bad admittedly but it's too long for me to bother with.

Also I really hated Chad and Orihime getting their own powers. They were useless characters before and they were little more than distractions after. Orihime just plain gets used as maguffin in Arrancar. How pathetic is that?

It's sad because it started so well, and had a lot of promise. I bet if they released the series in a DBZ: Kai or FMA: Brotherhood fashion it'd be way, way better as they could cut so much of the padding out and fix the pacing.
User570431
All I can say is "bankai!"
Enoch.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Zetsubeau)
I gave up on Bleach. I was watching the anime over last summer and got to about episode 160 (since I recently broke up with my ex at the time and that seemed a reasonable thing to do) and... guh.
It was amazing, if very flawed, until Soul Society.
The author admits to having a lot of flaws, and one of them is that when he gets stuck, he invents new characters. This is not a good thing. Soul Society introduced way too many characters, and it was a big downward slope from there. I really honestly didn't like the mystery of Soul Society being revealed and I found all but probably the Aizen reveal to be pretty dull.
I'm ignoring the massive filler and all of Bount because it's almost all completely terrible. But filler is a massive problem with this series. That and length.
Arrancar started pretty okay. The pacing sucked but it always has in this series. But then it just dragged, not just was a bit slow. And from then it was just so boring. Plot points were just everywhere and I couldn't be bothered watching the next 200 or whatever to know whether it gets better.
I heard they only just finished Hueco Mundo. I'm in awe. What's worse? It's still going. I really don't know how. It's the same with One Piece and Naruto: they've been going on too long now.
Okay One Piece isn't so bad admittedly but it's too long for me to bother with.

Also I really hated Chad and Orihime getting their own powers. They were useless characters before and they were little more than distractions after. Orihime just plain gets used as maguffin in Arrancar. How pathetic is that?

It's sad because it started so well, and had a lot of promise. I bet if they released the series in a DBZ: Kai or FMA: Brotherhood fashion it'd be way, way better as they could cut so much of the padding out and fix the pacing.
One piece is just beautiful. Long, but amazing. The writer is very skilled, 10 times better than kubo(bleach) and naruto's writer. I like the fact that is long. But Bleach is not meant to be long lol It should have ended on Soul Society arc. You should see the outcome of Ichigo vs Aizen, Ichigo literally becomes a frickin God, defeats Aizen but dosent kill him(meaning he will come back soon :facepalm2:) and lost all his powers. wtf?? Now he is training to get his powers back.

The writer is high on weed.
Zetsubeau
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ussumane)
But Bleach is not meant to be long lol It should have ended on Soul Society arc. You should see the outcome of Ichigo vs Aizen, Ichigo literally becomes a frickin God, defeats Aizen but dosent kill him(meaning he will come back soon :facepalm2:) and lost all his powers. wtf?? Now he is training to get his powers back.
It's gotten to the point where it's going on for the sake of it, much like Pokémon and I guess I can raise the flag on Homestuck while I'm here. This and a few others are in too deep to the point where they have to do a lot of swimming up and probably a lot of water getting choked in before they can get out, or take a better direction.

Ichigo is bland and undeveloped. He's given things to do and an interesting past and a life but he doesn't really act human as much as a robot. That's a warning sign right off the bat. A lot of the other characters are very very one-dimensional. There were only a few which acted more than that and they were the more mysterious ones which actually faded out a lot, like Kisuke Urahara (although he was often annoying.) It feels very cobbled together and unplanned, like Kubo had a good idea but didn't have any idea at all for a story. Which is probably true. The overall plot is pretty weak and honestly, it is badly written and badly paced and I agree, it's gone on way too long. I really wish someone would step in and fix that. I'd prefer a spin-off or sequel series (Bleach GX... I see it now...) because at least this damn storyline would wrap up already. It's annoying that some series can wrap up an epic story in 12 episodes which are perfectly paced and written but given 200 episodes or whatever a writer can't even get past one arc.
Also I can't watch a series dubbed with Johnny Yong Bosch without being acutely aware a character is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch. Minor gripe. To be fair the dub isn't bad. The anime overall is okay minus maybe the soundtrack having some annoying tracks (Ditty for Daddy really irritates me, but a lot of songs used are great) and the art which follows Kubo's so I guess I can't fault it there (and at least they have backgrounds.) The major problem with the anime is it has to wait for the manga. It's literally all just bad writing and pacing and it's really annoying that there is a good idea (first arc is good as a whole), it's just not written well.

I'm not just hatin' or nitpickin', these are all things which annoyed me in the 150 or so episodes I watched and mounted up into me ditching it. As I said, I like the idea, but it needs severe editing. It's a George Lucas thing: his greatest works were good because he was new and rebellious, but he was suppressed. When his works were a hit, he was unquestioned and eventually very careless. This is how it's gotten. It's such a cash cow nobody up high cares.

Oh I love the OPs and EDs though by the way. Look at this shizzle:
I miss this one

Some of the best I've seen. It's annoying so much effort goes in to something rather rotten at the core.
vin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whats this Ive heard about kubo wanting to continue bleach for another 10 years.:indiff:
The Cornerstone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
One piece is just beautiful. Long, but amazing. The writer is very skilled, 10 times better than kubo(bleach) and naruto's writer. I like the fact that is long. But Bleach is not meant to be long lol It should have ended on Soul Society arc. You should see the outcome of Ichigo vs Aizen, Ichigo literally becomes a frickin God, defeats Aizen but dosent kill him(meaning he will come back soon :facepalm2:) and lost all his powers. wtf?? Now he is training to get his powers back.

The writer is high on weed.
tbh this would of been the perfect ending, Ichigo uses all his powers to defeat Aizen then loses his powers and finish. But then Kubo invents some stupid idea just to continue in gaining money/doesn't have any other idea for another manga/anime (Ichigo has to go through stages).

Now you end up with more story arcs that might as well have been just fillers :facepalm:

It's a shame really. Bleach has some epic fights but would of been better with better and longer stories which wouldn't be filled with plot holes and characters disappearing and reappearing for no reason.

(Original post by vin)
Whats this Ive heard about kubo wanting to continue bleach for another 10 years.:indiff:
Really? How is he gonna do that? People will lose interest if this continues imo
Lantulana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I saw the post title, and immediately grinned like a lloon. I haven't watched Bleach for a while, seeing as it's all gone a bit DBZ, and I pretty much gave up when Ichigo couldn't even be arsed to kill Aizen even with all his Gary-Stu-ness...>-<
Zetsubeau
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by vin)
What, so he can fuel his secret drug problems?
vin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh dear it's true :lolwut:
(Original post by Sankaku)
Bleach’s author Tite Kubo is apparently set on keeping Bleach going for at least another 10 years, remarking that it is only halfway through.
Kubo’s remarks were reported by 2ch-frequenting attendees of the recently held Jump Festa, where he took the stage to talk about his creation:

“It’s about halfway through the story at the moment.
[...]
At the very least, I’ll be doing it for another 10 years.”

Another version has him being asked “So will you be keeping it going for the next 30 years?” to which he responds “I think I’d like to make it a bit shorter than that,” with the other speaker quipping that “It should be continuing for at least another 10 years!”
Both accounts agree on him saying he is about half done however, which for a 10-year-old title would rather suggest another 10 years to go.
Reactions to all this are mixed to say the least, ranging from enthused to horrified…
(Original post by Zetsubeau)
What, so he can fuel his secret drug problems?
At this stage it's hardly a secret.:erm:
Enoch.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The Cornerstone)
tbh this would of been the perfect ending, Ichigo uses all his powers to defeat Aizen then loses his powers and finish. But then Kubo invents some stupid idea just to continue in gaining money/doesn't have any other idea for another manga/anime (Ichigo has to go through stages).

Now you end up with more story arcs that might as well have been just fillers :facepalm:

It's a shame really. Bleach has some epic fights but would of been better with better and longer stories which wouldn't be filled with plot holes and characters disappearing and reappearing for no reason.
Yes, some fights were good, like Ichigo vs the blue haired arrancar guy(forgot his name) and it even had some interesting characters, like Gin.

But it also has stupid characters like that ice fail kid captain :facepalm2:

(Original post by vin)
Lol is he trying to copy One Piece
vin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Lol is he trying to copy One Piece
The publishers would most likely pull the plug way before then.:giggle:
The Cornerstone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by vin)
Oh dear it's true :lolwut:
I hope it isn't one of those stories that'll have no end because the higher ups pulled the plug before it finishes

But it also has stupid characters like that ice fail kid captain :facepalm2:
Nah toushiro's great character! I can think of worse tbh like Hisagi (specially in the Zanpaktou arc)
User570431
(Original post by The Cornerstone)
I hope it isn't one of those stories that'll have no end because the higher ups pulled the plug before it finishes
Nah toushiro's great character! I can think of worse tbh like Hisagi (specially in the Zanpaktou arc)
Yeah that ice bankai rocks :cool:
Although if it does finish...no more bleach
The Cornerstone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by blueray)
Yeah that ice bankai rocks :cool:
Although if it does finish...no more bleach
It should have finished when Aizen was defeated tbh. Now he's just making stories for the kicks although I'm not complaining now because the current one arc has good fights but if it does continues for another 10 yrs like the poster above said then I might give up while I still have good memories from it.
User570431
A new villain arises...I want to see ichigo's new form
Zishi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by blueray)
A new villain arises...I want to see ichigo's new form
Me too, I'd just love to watch the fight of former Xcution leader with Ichigo's new sould reaper powers(though that doesn't happen in manga).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise