Working while studying at Dundee. Watch

tomals
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi everyone!

I wonder, is it possible to work part-time and hire a flat, buy food, etc. while studying? I`m a foreigner and going to study in Dundee this year. Any suggestions about cheap or the cheapest accomodation over there?

Thanks!
Izzy.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tomals)
Hi everyone!

I wonder, is it possible to work part-time and hire a flat, buy food, etc. while studying? I`m a foreigner and going to study in Dundee this year. Any suggestions about cheap or the cheapest accomodation over there?

Thanks!
I think there is not any really "cheap" accomodation in Dundee this year since the Old Mill has been closed. But the accomodation is really nice overall, if you go for west park (1.5 km away from campus) it's the cheapest and it's identical to the halls on campus I think private accomodation can be cheaper than halls, but I guess staying in halls the first year to meet people is worth the prize
Nazaz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tomals)
Hi everyone!

Thanks!
Hello!
I think to study in Dundee this year too. I'm international student too, and I plan to go there with my boyfriend-he will work only - we will hire a flat or maybe only a room somewhere. I don't know anything about the city, the situation with jobs opportunities and possibilities. I'm just waiting to get my IELTS and after that I will start to serch about information more intensive. We could share information if you want
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day (Dentistry Only) Undergraduate
    Mon, 10 Jun '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day (Medicine Only) Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Jun '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads