Webhosting UK2 and Webfusion Watch

hafa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Does anyone here have any experiences with UK2 and Webfusion?

I was with Fat Cow but speed was my major concern, load time was atrocious for my website which uses Wordpress. Fat Cow's customer service is great but it's incredibly slow, which is obviously my main priority.

Also, if anyone else would like to input a different web hosting company that's cool. Their server(s) must be in the UK though.
RWhitmore
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi,

I've private messaged you in response to your post. Please get back to me asap

R.W.
hafa
Rep:
?
Cool, sent a reply.

If anyone has any input, please feel free to let me know.
Aack
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why do you need the servers to be based in the UK (out of interest).
hafa
Rep:
?
Well my site audience is going to be in the UK so it makes sense having the server in the UK as there will be less hops from the ISP to the data centre. Only disadvantage I can see for anyone, from my perspective is the cost, it's going to be higher but that shouldn't matter too much really.
GBP
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hafa)
Well my site audience is going to be in the UK so it makes sense having the server in the UK as there will be less hops from the ISP to the data centre. Only disadvantage I can see for anyone, from my perspective is the cost, it's going to be higher but that shouldn't matter too much really.
I hate to be the person that posts in a thread just to disagree with you, but the likelihood of the servers' location providing a visitor with a noticeable, negative affect upon performance - in any way, shape or form - is unlikely, considering you, yourself, have said it's simply a Wordpress installation. The servers may be in Canada, Texas, England or Russia - I sincerely doubt anybody will notice a difference.

Anyway, for a shared hosting provider with servers in the UK, I'd recommend Quality Servers.
war833
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't buy shared hosting in the UK. It's a ripoff.
S119234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I use Webfusion through a reseller for hosting. The prices are pretty reasonable really.
hafa
Rep:
?
(Original post by GBP)
I hate to be the person that posts in a thread just to disagree with you, but the likelihood of the servers' location providing a visitor with a noticeable, negative affect upon performance - in any way, shape or form - is unlikely, considering you, yourself, have said it's simply a Wordpress installation. The servers may be in Canada, Texas, England or Russia - I sincerely doubt anybody will notice a difference.

Anyway, for a shared hosting provider with servers in the UK, I'd recommend Quality Servers.
That's absolutely fine, you're entitled to your opinion.

I understand what you're saying, but I'd still rather prefer the server to be n the UK and thank you for the recommendation I'll check that host out.
zog170
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I use UK2; really cheap... only £5.?? for 2 years of domain name registration. No problems so far.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads