The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I don't know. Apparantly it looks good on your CV as it shows potential employers that you are keen on CPD. I joined BPSA in my 1st year and decided to try and get the 5 points now (in my 3rd year). I've only got 1 point so far. I'm thinking of going to the local conference and I'm hoing that I can grab the rest from themagazines, and am really frustrated that the 1st issue still hasn't come!
what are BPSA and PDC points and what are they for?
Reply 3
what are BPSA and PDC points and what are they for?

BPSA is a british pharmaceutical society which you can join. It holds events related to pharmacy. PDC points are points which you can achieve if you are a BPSA member going to these events, entering competition... It's all part of continuous professional development, which when we become qualified pharmacists, we have to do (researching about new drugs, techniques,aids...). If you get 5 PDC points in a year, you get a certificate.
British Pharmaceutical Students Association and Professional Development ... uh Certificate?

I have one so far *YaY* I doubt I'll get my five though cause I didn't enter that responding to symptoms comp, didn't go to the area conference in Reading ... oops.

I have put my name forward to do the diabetes awareness things with the BPSA though, so I think that will look pretty good on my CV.
Reply 5
-Emmz-
British Pharmaceutical Students Association and Professional Development ... uh Certificate?

I have one so far *YaY* I doubt I'll get my five though cause I didn't enter that responding to symptoms comp, didn't go to the area conference in Reading ... oops.

I've only got one so far too. 2 if I go to the area conference. But remember, there are 2 or three magazines which come and if you answer the questions, you get a point. Plus another competition in one of them.
I've never even been a member of the BPSA LOL.

Latest

Trending

Trending