Rank these departments in terms of attractiveness! Watch

Andre-Santos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Me and my mates were wondering which of these departments has the best looking students :

Economics
Law
Economic History
Social Policy
International Relations

Of course attractiveness is subjective, but we have a theory and would like it if those actually studying there could give us their opinions
amenhotep
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was going to answer your other question, but based on this, you sound like a tosser, so meh.
Andre-Santos
Rep:
?
(Original post by amenhotep)
I was going to answer your other question, but based on this, you sound like a tosser, so meh.
Haha, horrible assumption. My question was out of curiousity.. I would like to have your opinion but if you dont want to share it, then thats fine.
noojoo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Andre-Santos)
Me and my mates were wondering which of these departments has the best looking students :

Economics
Law
Economic History
Social Policy
International Relations

Of course attractiveness is subjective, but we have a theory and would like it if those actually studying there could give us their opinions
accounting and finance hahaha...

no but seriously; I'm guessing the best looking students are drawn to the more people-oriented subjects like IR and SP because of their personal need to continuously fulfill their high social interaction quotas.

Thus I would also expect that the standard assumption relating to the physical beauty of students of calculative subjects, such as Econometrics, is that they tend to draw the more socially awkward students, and by extension, aesthetically unpleasing students.

Why?
Because increased retractions from society and interaction cause people to deviate and generate more interest in auxiliary subjects and interests.

Thus... a subjective approximation:
0. ACC&FIN
1. IR
2. SP
3. ECO
4. LAW
5. ECO H

Andre-Santos
Rep:
?
(Original post by noojoo)
accounting and finance hahaha...

no but seriously; I'm guessing the best looking students are drawn to the more people-oriented subjects like IR and SP because of their personal need to continuously fulfill their high social interaction quotas.

Thus I would also expect that the standard assumption relating to the physical beauty of students of calculative subjects, such as Econometrics, is that they tend to draw the more socially awkward students, and by extension, aesthetically unpleasing students.

Why?
Because increased retractions from society and interaction causes people to deviate and generate more interest in auxiliary subjects and interests.

Thus... a subjective approximation:
0. ACC&FIN
1. IR
2. SP
3. ECO
4. LAW
5. ECO H

Haha, I take it you must study at the LSE on the accounting&finance course ?

I agree with your assumption overall and your reasoning is 100% valid.

I would like to know whether this is actually true though (acc&fin being top), and also if economic history really has the less attractive students..
Anyone at lse know?
rei dos reis
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What are you 12?
noojoo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol
epc
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Geography with Economics, naturally.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads