Alcohol: Yeh or Neh? Watch

Poll: Yeh or Neh?
I get completely smashed pretty often (66)
32.2%
I only drink a little to get my 'buzz' on (71)
34.63%
I tried it a few times... (22)
10.73%
I never drink anymore (19)
9.27%
I have never tried alcohol (26)
12.68%
I'm too young (Do not read under 18. I mean <14/15) (1)
0.49%
Piddly
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ok so I have read countless posts on these forums of people saying they do not drink alcohol, and it made me curious as to everybody's views on the subject. Do you drink a lot, sometimes or not at all? But most importantly, why?

Personally; I love drinking, and get plastered about once a week and drink socially about twice a week. I also get high maybe once a fortnight, but that's another matter.

P.S If anyone says they don't drink because they do not like the taste ---> No one does! That's not why we drink it...
pooo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not gonna lie - I hate the taste! :ashamed: and beer is = sickly but I could see my diginity and sex life dying a very slow, painful death if I were ever to follow my gut and order a cosmopolitan

Yes I drink, regularly drank since aged 17 though did had pints with the family etc at 16. I think it has it's (many) dangers but i'd be a massive hypocrite to chastise anyone else from doing it. It's been introduced to my life as a component to a good time and generally the nations psychology is warped into thinking it's a positive regular past-tine which is not good.

But like I said, i cannot tell tou what you ought to do. It's not healthy (the only part of wine is healthy us the grape...go eat a grape) and it often ends badly. But until I can find something else to fill the gaping void in my life, I will continue searching for happiness at the bottom of my cosmo :yep:
Teao the Cat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't see why I should drink it if I don't like it.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i get absolutely ****canned on a daily basis.
Ich Dien
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I tried it a few times... I dont have the stomach for it and Ive not found somthing I like yet.
If I went out more Id drink a lot more.
Martyn*
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't actually like drinking but I like the taste of red wine and Guiness.

I hate getting tipsy let alone drunk/plastered because I'm likely to get ill the next day.
cheesemarmalade
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think anything beats a good cider to get things going. I like to have a drink occasionally, I find myself coming out of my shell a bit and being more sociable.
wildrover
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't drink often but I get hammered when I do drink, its great being abke to laugh at what happened the night before.
oh-my-diddy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I get drunk on Ribena toothkind.
EssexDan86
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Piddly)

P.S If anyone says they don't drink because they do not like the taste ---> No one does!
I do. It can take a few years, but I love the range of different tastes you can get from a good real ale, wine or premium lager.

If nobody drank alcohol for the taste, only to get battered, the only booze anyone would drink would be vodka, which just tastes of pure alcohol.
Aphotic Cosmos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When I drink I tend to get more than a little merry by the end, but I just don't drink regularly. Can't really afford it and we never seem to find the time in our house. Mario Kart is an acceptable substitute :yep:
Blueflare
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Drinking is awesome.
Though getting wasted and throwing up is definitely not. I quit binge drinking long ago.
Jakeh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I probably drink once or twice a month (those two times I will drink stupid amounts). I'm not really big fan of drinking, not just because of the taste but because I don't like what it does to people on the whole.
Joshyluky7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have a beer hat attached to my eye when it empties i go lairy
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used to drink maybe two or three times a week living in London, but now I'm back home just a couple of times a month (and that's when I go down to London )

Because it's fun, everything's funnier and it makes me less scared of talking to people.

I do like the taste though :confused:
Radekal
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
i get absolutely ****canned on a daily basis.
Sorry , but that's my definition of an alcoholic.

I drink beer or sometimes wine socially, but not enough to get drunk.
canimakeit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I didn't drink often but when I did drink I got smashed, however I have not even been tipsy for over a year now because I suffer from 'remember everything I did drunk syndrome' and I am a total idiot when drunk.
Piddly
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by EssexDan86)
I do. It can take a few years, but I love the range of different tastes you can get from a good real ale, wine or premium lager.

If nobody drank alcohol for the taste, only to get battered, the only booze anyone would drink would be vodka, which just tastes of pure alcohol.
Yes I when I no one does, I wasn't quite writing it in a literal sense. I do like the taste of most lagers, but if given the option of fruit juice/ tea/ coke or a non alcoholic beer then I would never pick the beer.

Plus what you said about vodka is untrue, as beverages with a lower abv % are nicer to drink even if you still don't like them completely. I would prefer to drink 3 times as much wine rather than vodka, even though I dislike the taste of wine.
xDave-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hate the taste of everything I've tried, the affect it has on me and the aftermath in the morning; it's not my thing.
Crazy Paving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I drink it as it allows me to enjoy the night more, and everyone else is, so it's to be sociable too. Gone are my days of getting totally smashed, though. Also, some alcohol does taste fine!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise