Has my offer definitely been confirmed? Watch

Pandora_Eyes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I remember that you have to accept an offer before a certain date in May, or you will lose your offer. My status is currently 'You have accepted an offer', and I have received a UCAS letter to confirm this.

I am applying for second year entry. Is there anything else I need to do to definitely make sure my offer has been confirmed, or is my offer now bullet-proof?

Sorry if I sound paranoid, just wanted to make sure.
Mark12345680
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I firmed my offer last Thursday but yet to receive any confirmation letters I am worried
Cll_ws
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
does it say on the confirmation letter that you need to log into anything on the university website and confirm your place?

i had to log into this welcome section of the universities website and confirm my place, after i'd also confirmed it on UCAS
Pandora_Eyes
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cll_ws)
does it say on the confirmation letter that you need to log into anything on the university website and confirm your place?

i had to log into this welcome section of the universities website and confirm my place, after i'd also confirmed it on UCAS
No. I just remember it was a short letter to say it'd been confirmed by UCAS. The university just sent me a letter saying 'We look forward to you coming here' or something.

Did the university e-mail you to ask you to do this? My offer is still there on Track so I assume this particular university doesn't require me to do it.
Pandora_Eyes
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mark12345680)
I firmed my offer last Thursday but yet to receive any confirmation letters I am worried
I didn't get mine until two weeks after I'd confirmed it.
Becca-Sarah
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Since Thursday, we've had two bank holidays and a Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if it's moderately delayed in the post due to this.
Mark12345680
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Becca-Sarah)
Since Thursday, we've had two bank holidays and a Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if it's moderately delayed in the post due to this.
Ye this is what I thought too.
But 1 thing that concerns me is that I still haven't received any emails regarding the decision I made on UCAS.
I would expect to receive the relevant emails tomorrow though.
Well thanks for replying
Cll_ws
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pandora_Eyes)
No. I just remember it was a short letter to say it'd been confirmed by UCAS. The university just sent me a letter saying 'We look forward to you coming here' or something.

Did the university e-mail you to ask you to do this? My offer is still there on Track so I assume this particular university doesn't require me to do it.

No i don't think i did get an email from the university asking me to do it. obviously i was given the log-in details for this welcome area of the website, then when i logged in i saw that i had to confirm my place. this was before i got my UCAS confirmation letter, and when i did get it, it said on that that i needed to do this, so obviously i would of eventually done it anyway.

but i haven't recieved anything else from UCAS or the University.

i presume if your letter didn't say something similar then confirming on UCAS was all you needed to do! Plus i don't know whether you've done accommodation yet? it usually won't let you apply for that unless you've accepted an offer from them.
Cll_ws
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ye this is what I thought too.
But 1 thing that concerns me is that I still haven't received any emails regarding the decision I made on UCAS.
I would expect to receive the relevant emails tomorrow though.
Well thanks for replying

yeah it took a couple of weeks until i got my confirmation letter from UCAS.
and i'm not sure whether they even sent an email after i confirmed? but you should have the screen confirming it when you log in
Alison1992
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i was a bit disappointed that i didn't get a 'thank you for accepting our offer' letter from Warwick, but never mind...if you have the letter from UCAS, you don't need to worry
Leo*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Alison1992)
i was a bit disappointed that i didn't get a 'thank you for accepting our offer' letter from Warwick, but never mind...if you have the letter from UCAS, you don't need to worry
Haha that's the situation I'm in now, I just emailed my firm choice before to enquire as to whether they had received note of my firm decision from UCAS

I now feel a tad stupid for doing so as it doesn't seem to be the procedure for them to email saying thank you or something similar haha, I won't get a reply until wednesday neither
daryl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pandora_Eyes)
I remember that you have to accept an offer before a certain date in May, or you will lose your offer. My status is currently 'You have accepted an offer', and I have received a UCAS letter to confirm this.

I am applying for second year entry. Is there anything else I need to do to definitely make sure my offer has been confirmed, or is my offer now bullet-proof?

Sorry if I sound paranoid, just wanted to make sure.
Hi

Universities usually have different communication methods; is your offer conditional or uncondtional?

I'm applying for Northampton as my Firm and Roehampton as my Insurance:

Both are condtional but Northampton did not send me and e-mail or a letter.

They will send me a letter in August when my offer changes.

there are other uni's that do the same thing

on the other hand i got an e-mail from Roehampton the same day.

So yeah for anyone that is worried, take into account that your letter may not come untill nearer the time (Such as August)
Pandora_Eyes
Rep:
?
(Original post by daryl)
Hi

Universities usually have different communication methods; is your offer conditional or uncondtional?

I'm applying for Northampton as my Firm and Roehampton as my Insurance:

Both are condtional but Northampton did not send me and e-mail or a letter.

They will send me a letter in August when my offer changes.

there are other uni's that do the same thing

on the other hand i got an e-mail from Roehampton the same day.

So yeah for anyone that is worried, take into account that your letter may not come untill nearer the time (Such as August)
Conditional. Thanks, I'll just wait until August then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads