Options after A levels/stressing out about potentially going to/not making it to Uni. Watch

Zenmatters
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'l try to keep this very simple cause I know there's going to be a lot here.

So a little bit of background, I'm doing A2 Geography with AS Biology and English and my targets for the subjects are ABB respectively. I doubt I'l get the A in geog this year, and I'm getting worried that I wont reach my targets this year/wont be able to hold them up at A2.

As such I've started questioning whether I want to go to Uni, 'cause everyone seems to have a degree, I find AS/A2 hard as it is and looking from a social standpoint, I doubt the uni lifestyle would suit me. On top of that I come from a working class background and my parents' have already stated the obvious, that unless I go to a local uni (which in my opinion takes away from the experience) they can't support me financially in any real way.

But then again I have no idea what else to do. I mean all I've ever known is sciences, Geography...books, reading...aim to go to uni and study Biology or Geography in some form. I'd be useless at trying to do construction work or anything like that. I know that options for apprenticeships are limited, both in what they offer and their numbers and the chances of getting a job are pretty low.

Sorry about this. It probably gets posted tonnes of times but it's been nagging at me for a month or so now. I don't really know what I'm asking about or for, I guess I just need to talk to someone other than my parents and teachers.
desku
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you doubt University lifestyle would suit you, why do you care if you don't get into Uni?
Zenmatters
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I keep asking myself that, but it's the nagging voice at the back of my head that keeps reminding me that there seems to be nothing out there at the moment other than trying to get to uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.4%
No - but I will (66)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (401)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise