New pill, same contents, different side effects? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I was switched to a different brand of pill a few weeks ago, but was told that it contains exactly the same thing, so I didn't give it a second thought. However, ever since taking the new pill, I have been bleeding continuously for 9 days, having emotional outbursts, and bad skin. Can this be possible? I have had these side effects on other brands of the pill before I found one I was happy with, and now I'm having the same problem all over again.
Katala
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's possible.
What brand from and to?
I was recently switched from microgynon 30 to Yasmin, to help clear up my skin, not that its that bad
Was told they had the same contents but I still may react to it differently and sure enough the first few days thought I was gonna throw up pretty much 24/7
If in doubt go back to where you were prescribed and talk to them
is there a reason you switched? otherwise ask to switch back
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Katala)
It's possible.
What brand from and to?
I was recently switched from microgynon 30 to Yasmin, to help clear up my skin, not that its that bad
Was told they had the same contents but I still may react to it differently and sure enough the first few days thought I was gonna throw up pretty much 24/7
If in doubt go back to where you were prescribed and talk to them
is there a reason you switched? otherwise ask to switch back
Microgynon 30 and Yasmin don't have the same contents...Microgynon contains 30mg ethinylestradiol and 150mg levonorgestrel. Yasmin contains 30mg ethinylestradiol and 3mg drospirenone.

Google the pill you were originally on and what you went to - netdoctor.co.uk is usually one of the first couple of results, and that page will list what the pill contains.
Katala
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
they lied to me than!
probably thought it was easier than to actually explain the difference..... explains the reaction too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.61%
No - but I will (56)
7.19%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.19%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (374)
48.01%

Watched Threads