Does my diet/exercise plan sound good? Watch

Samus2
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've put on a lot of weight in the past two years... after losing three stone, I've gained two. I'm aiming to lose two stone all together. I'm not looking for a 'quick fix', I want to do it properly which is why I'm making these changes.

Obviously, the diet will vary slightly but generally does this sound like a solid plan...

Breakfast: Porridge/cereal bar/wholemeal toast and one piece of fruit
Mid Morning Snack: Low fat cereal bar/fruit
Lunch: Salad typically I'd have beetroot, cucumber, sweetcorn, lettuce, tomatos and maybe some sliced chicken
Dinner: Fish/lean meats/low GI foods like Wholemeal pasta and brown rice

for something to get my 'sweet fix' I'm planning on having sugar free jellies in the fridge already made up.

Does that sound like a suitable and nutritious diet?

And exercise wise
I already walk my dog for 30 minutes 5 days a week, saturdays and sundays I won't be able to get to the gym because of work
But, exercise wise for each day:
Monday 30 minute dog walk and one hour at the gym. HIIT and 20 minutes of weights on arms
Tuesday 30 minute dog walk, one hour at the gym. 40 minute jog and 20 minutes of weights for thighs
Wednesday 30 minute dog walk and an exercise class
Thursday 30 minute dog walk, HIIT and 20 minutes of weights on Glutes
Friday 30 minute dog walk and an exercise class.

Can you make any suggestions/improvements?
galadriel100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Scrap the 'low fat fruit bar' and 'cereal bar' and stick with fruit, nuts or natural yogurt and cereal that isn't in bar form. These bars aren't too good for you. They usually have a lot of sugar and other things you've never heard of. I have a 'If I don't know what it is, I don't eat it' policy.

Make sure your dog walk is at a brisk pace. I see people around my area walking their dogs at the slowest pace and wonder why they bother.
catjaum
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For dinner you wanna hav brown rice or pasta u maddddddddddddddd
Powerlifter
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Samus2)
I've put on a lot of weight in the past two years... after losing three stone, I've gained two. I'm aiming to lose two stone all together. I'm not looking for a 'quick fix', I want to do it properly which is why I'm making these changes.

Obviously, the diet will vary slightly but generally does this sound like a solid plan...

Lunch: Salad typically I'd have beetroot, cucumber, sweetcorn, lettuce, tomatos and maybe some sliced chicken

for something to get my 'sweet fix' I'm planning on having sugar free jellies in the fridge already made up.

And exercise wise
I already walk my dog for 30 minutes 5 days a week, saturdays and sundays I won't be able to get to the gym because of work
Monday 30 minute dog walk and one hour at the gym. HIIT and 20 minutes of weights on arms
Tuesday 30 minute dog walk, one hour at the gym. 40 minute jog and 20 minutes of weights for thighs

The dog walk doesn't count - don't even think about it as excercise as you already do it.

You need to work your full body - just do three resistance sessions (a push, a pull and a squat in each one with some abs and arms thrown in).
HIIT twice a week and one steady state cardio.

Oh and do the HIIT seperately to your weights!!!!
imonlysleeping
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Samus2)

And exercise wise

People have already made suggestions about changes to the workout which sound good. As far as the diet goes I would cut the carbs a bit. Change from porridge to something like fruit and natural yogurt, with possibly a small amount of cereal.

Also try not to eat too much rice or pasta in the evening. Go for white meat and vegetables instead.

Lots of porridge and lots of rice and pasta are foods I eat when I want to put on weight.
lively_l30
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hey, from reading what you said about you loosing 3 stone in the past im guessing you have a pretty good idea how to loose weight but your looking for advice. as it was earlier stated dont have cereal bars full of sugar not that particularly satisfying either.
dont believe the whole gi and that its currently being proven unreliable as the figures are results from the basic ingredient, not when its mixed with other food. first thing to do is work out your rmr, have a look online if you dont know what it is. but what you should be aiming for calorie wise is your rmr. so any activities you are performing are being supplied from your fat. the key is to make sure you are eating at your rmr to prevent ketosis.
walking the dog has a low met value of 1 or something so your burning hardly any calories. you are right in doing hiit, this has been proven to develop fitness. rowing is pretty good because it uses the whole body aswell.
gd luck with the weight loss
Shawshank
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Loose loose loose loose loosey loosey loose loose loosey loose loose loose.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed