Standard Grade Computing 2011! Good Luck Watch

ProudScottish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I see this is the first exam starting tommorow.

If anyone is doing this and needs any last minute help, I would be glad to help as I am doing Advanced Higher.

Good Luck everyone

ProudScottish
RossAltan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey Yeah I'm doing General/Credit Computing tomorrow, It's one of my strongest subjects and I think I'll do ok, but from experience is there any general advice to give?

I've been doing past papers all day as well, anything else you know of to help study?
Direct15
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks,

Already done art so ok with what to do but sitting credit/general and not really worried as get 1's all the time. Plus our teacher keeps saying the phrase over and over again until its stuck in the mind.
Habitué
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Computing Studies was a challenging exam!
ProudScottish
Rep:
?
Any questions you are not sure of I would be delighted to clarify for you. Heard from others it was very hard. I'm not looking forward to my Advanced Higher Computing exam in 4 weeks.
Jambo95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Suppose that's good to hear that others found it hard, General was easy but Credit was quite hard, hopefully still did ok but. Teacher was quite shocked when we told her after...
G4henderson
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I found it pretty hard, but I think I got most of it, enough for a 1 anyway (hopefully)
TheUnbeliever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If someone wants to post the paper, I'll do it so you can compare answers. Might as well make my procrastination helpful for someone :p:
(:emily.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheUnbeliever)
If someone wants to post the paper, I'll do it so you can compare answers. Might as well make my procrastination helpful for someone :p:
Don't think anyone will have, it was one of the write on ones...

I didn't find it too bad, but I'm getting nervous now!
TheUnbeliever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by (:emily.)
Don't think anyone will have, it was one of the write on ones...
Oops, forgot about that... was a fair while ago for me
xCBRx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ProudScottish)
Any questions you are not sure of I would be delighted to clarify for you. Heard from others it was very hard. I'm not looking forward to my Advanced Higher Computing exam in 4 weeks.
Don't worry, nearly everyone in our class failed the prelim but everyone passed the real exams.
Direct15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Finally home , did g/c today found the general too easy and the credit was a bit harder. But hoping for 1.

Anyone find they had ages to wait until the exam ended I had at least 30 mins in each exam
Ryan2o11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Exam was very easy imo, only messed up the "word" question. Should get a 1 (:
Inlineadam
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Direct15)
Finally home , did g/c today found the general too easy and the credit was a bit harder. But hoping for 1.

Anyone find they had ages to wait until the exam ended I had at least 30 mins in each exam
I remember when i done computing, i finished the general after just 15/20 minutes, and the credit had time to spare.. As long as you checked over and answered each question you'll get that 1
fraser166
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Direct15)

I finished the credit one in about half an hour and by 2 everyone was done, so we were told just to go.
(:emily.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We got out of general about twenty minutes early, but had to stay till the end of credit
They give you waay too much time for computing...
Direct15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We all finished at 2:05pm and the had to wait until 2.25pm to be released from the hall, I was in the front row and I hate how the invigilators all stay down the front I was like move away give me some air
Habitué
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think I've managed to get a 1 ... *touches wood*

The only thing I messed up was getting text wrap and word wrap the wrong way round! I was lucky with the unorthodox stuff as I'd gone through a quick study session at lunch!
ProudScottish
Rep:
?
(Original post by xCBRx)
Don't worry, nearly everyone in our class failed the prelim but everyone passed the real exams.
Yes I don't need Advanced Higher for my conditions for uni even though I have applied to do a computing course... I got 63/80 for coursework which I think is a decent mark. Prelim was so hard but hoping I can pass the exam. It's those programming questions which are so hard. What did you get Advanced Higher? Are you doing computing at uni?
xCBRx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ProudScottish)
Yes I don't need Advanced Higher for my conditions for uni even though I have applied to do a computing course... I got 63/80 for coursework which I think is a decent mark. Prelim was so hard but hoping I can pass the exam. It's those programming questions which are so hard. What did you get Advanced Higher? Are you doing computing at uni?
I got an A but I already had the unconditional offers.
What optional unit are you doing?

And yes, I'm studying Computing at uni, exams coming up soon but first year exams are easier than Advanced Higher IMO.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.05%
No - but I will (46)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.6%

Watched Threads