PGCE in Secondary Art & Design - photography degree? Watch

madeline06
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am currently studying for a photography degree about to go into my third year. I quite like the idea of becoming a secondary teacher for art and design. I just wondered if anybody else has gone into this with just a photography degree rather than one in art and design?

I need to retake my maths GCSE to apply for a PGCE anyhow, and was pondering perhaps doing an AS in Art alongside it to attempt to strengthen my application, or even complete the full A Level in it (I say only AS because I could then apply for the PGCE a year sooner). Would this be a good idea? It's going to be mental finishing university and then going to study GCSE & AS Level qualifications, but I feel I may need some sort of experience in art to strengthen my application as I don't even have a GCSE in Art, just all my photography qualifications including a BTEC ND Photography.
I was thinking that instead of doing an AS/A Level art I could perhaps get a placement in a school for the year I retake my maths, specifically in art lessons.
I'm not sure what would be best for my application. Obviously I'd get some placement that year anyway, but not sure if that's good enough alone.

Opinions?? Thanks
madeline06
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
oops i should have put this post in the education & teaching section.. didn't see it at first.
admins can you move it pleasee?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (100)
40.16%
No - but I will (12)
4.82%
No - I don't want to (16)
6.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (121)
48.59%

Watched Threads