Pakistan has suffered the most during the war on terror ! Watch

OGFurious
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've heard many calling for retribution against Pakistan for harbouring terrorists. Lets have a look at the cold hard facts shall we ?

1. More Pakistanis have died than any other nations in this conflict due to predator drone strikes by the US and suicide bombings that are a result of these strikes. (The strikes radicalise hundreds of civilians - more so than the terrorists can themselves)
2. Pakistan has sufferred more politically and economically than any other nation and is being torn apart by war and the destruction wrecked by the floods. (E.g for 2008)
3. Pakistan has been arrested a number high profile Al-Qaeda operatives.
Spoiler:
Show
http://dalje.com/en-world/bosnian-al-qaeda-member-arrested-in-pakistan/25784
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/american-al-qaeda-arested-gadahn-pakistan-official/story?id=10035076
Seizing a whole gang of operatives http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3803321.stm

4. Pakistan was instrumental in ending the Russian occupation of Afghanistan.
5. Osama bin Laden and many other Afghan resistant organisations were created and financed by the USA in the first place. www.newsone.com/newsone-original/casey-gane-mccalla/cia-osama-bin-laden-al-qaeda/

Spoiler:
Show

The only thing that will haunt Pakistanis is that no matter how many Pakistanis die for this war, no matter how much economic a political damage this conflict will cause and no matter how much their leadership bend to the will of the West.

Pakistan will still be criticised for not doing enough.'
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I agree. There is only so much a state can do to fight against terrorism. Pakistan is already fighting a war near the border and suffers quite a few terror attacks. Plus it took 4 years for the Americans to get the intel and plan this op. Its not like he was out every day sun bathing or out jogging
Logarman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It BACKFIRES if you play from both sides!
bomberdoom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't give two ****s about Pakistan as a State, but no one has the right to kill innocent civilians and people.
member264988
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by OGFurious)
I've heard many calling for retribution against Pakistan for harbouring terrorists. Lets have a look at the cold hard facts shall we ?

1. More Pakistanis have died than any other nations in this conflict due to predator drone strikes by the US and suicide bombings that are a result of these strikes. (The strikes radicalise hundreds of civilians - more so than the terrorists can themselves)
2. Pakistan has sufferred more politically and economically than any other nation and is being torn apart by war and the destruction wrecked by the floods. (E.g for 2008)
3. Pakistan has been arrested a number high profile Al-Qaeda operatives.
Spoiler:
Show
http://dalje.com/en-world/bosnian-al-qaeda-member-arrested-in-pakistan/25784
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/american-al-qaeda-arested-gadahn-pakistan-official/story?id=10035076
Seizing a whole gang of operatives http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3803321.stm

4. Pakistan was instrumental in ending the Russian occupation of Afghanistan.
5. Osama bin Laden and many other Afghan resistant organisations were created and financed by the USA in the first place. www.newsone.com/newsone-original/casey-gane-mccalla/cia-osama-bin-laden-al-qaeda/

Spoiler:
Show

The only thing that will haunt Pakistanis is that no matter how many Pakistanis die for this war, no matter how much economic a political damage this conflict will cause and no matter how much their leadership bend to the will of the West.

Pakistan will still be criticised for not doing enough.'
Agree!
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Seeing how self pity, lying and corruption are endemic in all areas of Pakistani life, from politics to sport this self pitying delusion doesn't surprise me at all.
Britishstudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by OGFurious)
2. Pakistan has sufferred more politically and economically than any other nation and is being torn apart by war and the destruction wrecked by the floods.

5. Osama bin Laden and many other Afghan resistant organisations were created and financed by the USA in the first place.

1) If this is the case, then why can Pakistan afford to be in the world's top 5 biggest nuclear weapons powers? Surely if Pakistan suffered so dramatically in terms of their economy, they could not be able to afford such weapons?

2) That doesn't justify 9/11. I don't know how true/valid that article is, and I'm not going to criticise it, but nonetheless, that doesn't justify why Osama Bin Laden commanded 9/11
Steevee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You know the problem? It's things like those pesky Blasphemy laws, and you know, a large proportion of the population cheering the deaths of Bhutto and Shahbaz Bhatti that makes some of us think Pakistan isn't quite so opposed to the terror of Islamic terrorists. You can't argue that it's a minority in Pakistan, large proportions of the populace are leaning toward the radical.

And we are supposed to feel sorry for this country? They have Nuclear weapons and yet their people live in squalor. We already give them nearly $1 billion in Aid every year, the least we can expect is for them to actually try with the war on terror. It's common knowledge that terrorists cross it's borders to evade UN forces all the time. At best, at very best Pakistan is incompetant. At worst it is complicit.
01010000 01001010
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Straight up. All this is down to American media and their stirring pot.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.28%
No - but I will (74)
7.5%
No - I don't want to (69)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (476)
48.23%

Watched Threads