The Afghanistan war. Watch

Limitless
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Is the U.S. going to pull out of Afghanistan now?
hamijack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nope.

/thread
lonelykatana
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No. Of course not.

What more is there to say about this?
hello_dave
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't be stupid
desku
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Aren't they all leaving in December?
Seasick Steve
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not likely.
SteveCrain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
war is a funny word. it should be spelt waw
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Limitless)
Is the U.S. going to pull out of Afghanistan now?
Al Quedia is still a threat. Bin larden lost his tactical significance years ago. Makes for a good psychological shock though
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A'stan and Libya are probably the two biggest issues for the numerous and vociferous anti-West / anti-Americans. These people want, nay, need for there to be blame for the United States.

Iraq is a good example. Regardless of anything else, oil is the answer to all questions, any issue surrounding Iraq will always be answered by "Oil.", although this is a figleaf for these people to say "America hates muslims, and kills them for no reason, although oil is a good one,".

A'stan? Well, there's no oil, and all these people love to pretend that it was such a beautiful, tranquil peace-loving nation before the arrival of coalition forces. That Afghanistan has been in a perpetual state of civil war or invasion for hundreds of years seems to escape them. The idea that the incumbent government was so awful as to defy belief in a liberal democracy also defies thinking. If a so-called "Western" country treated a large section of citizens in the way that the Taliban treats women, would there not be unending calls for action?

Libya? The anti-Americans must be tearing out their hair and rubbing their hands raw at their inability to be able to scream about imperialism. It seems that in their books, dozens or hundreds of Libyans killed accidentally is somehow infinitely worse than hundreds of thousands of Libyans killed in civil war. Or to put it another way, there are many people that would rather see an unlimited number of people killed in an endless civil war, than foreign intervention.
Pukhtun
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I doubt America will ever fully pull out of Afghanistan.

You would be naive to think that the death of one man will be the end of America's worries in the region.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.62%
No - but I will (19)
5.69%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (161)
48.2%

Watched Threads