Hi, I got caught using a child ticket on london underground!? Watch

confuse123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I got caught using a child ticket on london underground!?
It was such a stupid act!!! I will regret this forever. I decided to do it because I forgot my railcard today (which usually gives me discount) and the normal day travelcard is expensive . So there I got caught by the inspector and I had to give my name and address and real date of birth (as I tried to lie initially ). The thing is, he said that all I would get would be a letter telling me not to do this again. Is this the truth? or anything more serious could happen to me?
Btw I am 18 years of age and being an international student.
Please help if possible ((((((((
mevidek
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well I don't really think that he could lie... If he does, then if you remember his name you can complain, but otherwise you maybe screwed :/
Rob9292
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeh, just a warning me thinks........
Eliiciiaaarrr!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
At worst you'll just get a fine, dw about it. Ya shoulda just put a fake name & address mayn x
Fonix
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your fine. This happened to me once, never even reacived a letter
wasteman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
a fine of twenty or fifty if paid late

happened to me using a certain omar muahmmods ticket
chickensalad
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
they just do it as a threat haha it happened to my friend, train ticket prices are ridiculous now!
Breedlove
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Learn from your mistake, ie don't do it again m'kay?
ShadowConspiracy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by confuse123)
It was such a stupid act!!! I will regret this forever. I decided to do it because I forgot my railcard today (which usually gives me discount) and the normal day travelcard is expensive . So there I got caught by the inspector and I had to give my name and address and real date of birth (as I tried to lie initially ). The thing is, he said that all I would get would be a letter telling me not to do this again. Is this the truth? or anything more serious could happen to me?
LOL your getting a fine, I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, I've been chucked off plenty of London buses for using a childs Oyster card when I'm 20?

Lie the details and you'll be on your way.
INeedToLoseWeight
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A minimum sentence of fifteen years for a crime that heinous.
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
I would've used a fake name and address of a local Argos or Tesco or something. :mmm:

Sucks to be you, I'm a child and I recall I got a return ticket on with the National Rail for 20p. :ahee:

It's great being a child.
username739587
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whoa ISA, what happened to the romantic darcy?
On topic, there are ticket inspectors on the underground???? i have never, ever met one :P
chickensalad
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by stroppyninja)
Whoa ISA, what happened to the romantic darcy?
On topic, there are ticket inspectors on the underground???? i have never, ever met one :P
they have stupid blue uniforms cant miss them
LadyLondoner
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol I always buy child day travelcards! It's such a waste of money, they encourage you to use public transport and the prices are sky high! Ridiculous
confuse123
Rep:
?
Thanks guys I do accept whatever fine I should pay since it was my entire fault. I was really petrified because Im afraid of a prosecution, which I hope is unlikely. If I know that there have been people in the same situation who just needed to pay a fine then i hope the same will happen to me.
thanks a lot!
confuse123
Rep:
?
(Original post by chickensalad)
they have stupid blue uniforms cant miss them
The ones inspected me didnt wear any uniform...
oh-my-diddy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its time to face it dude. You're not a child anymore. I know we would all love to go back in time. But it's time to move on my dear Watson.
xnatalie01x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's happened to me once, blabla just a warning

Don't you just hate the tube sometimes!
Lizzzle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I didn't even know they inspected tickets on the underground.
I was using child tickets for like 3 months from September.
confuse123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lizzzle)
I didn't even know they inspected tickets on the underground.
I was using child tickets for like 3 months from September.
Be careful!
Actually they inspected me at the station! I just got out of the barrier and stopped for like a min to search for my phone and there they came...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (542)
37.74%
No - but I will (112)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.63%

Watched Threads