Learning to play a ukulele...? Watch

stac4321
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've always wanted to play an instrument and ukuleles are cool Plus I want to find a hobby I like and to clock up some CAS hours

But I have no idea about how to go about learning to play. Would it be feesable to learn from beginners books and youtube videos? A teacher would be ideal, but I'm skint I am willing to put in a lot of time and I used to have lessons in piano and violin (literally only 2-3 years when I was 8 so not a lot- but I can read sheet music and vaguely know how stringed instruments should work...if that would help at all).

So yeah, if anyone can play, or knows a good way of starting out please could you give me some advice. I really want to learn! Thank you
imonlysleeping
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I play guitar and I've had a little go with a ukulele and it's not too difficult to pick up. My mate plays it properly and he has picked it up pretty quickly from beginners books. You can pick them up pretty cheap so I'd say get one and a begginers book and you'll be there in no time!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads