Barcelona Alone Watch

Meeee :)
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm wanting to go away for a short break after exams and I've been looking at Barcelona. Only problem is, none of my friends are up for going. They either already have holidays booked, can't afford it, can't get time off work or just don't want to go so I was thinking maybe go alone I'd stay in a hostel and I'd just like to spend most of my time chilling on the beach. There seems to be a lot of other young people who do it but I was just looking for some reassurance from people who have done it before.

So, any stories/advice?
xmarilynx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went to Barcelona alone and had a fantastic time, it's a really safe (not to mention beautiful!) city and everyone I met was really friendly. Just watch out for pick pockets and choose small party hostels or couchsurf rather than large hostels, as you're much more likely to make friends that way. The bigger hostels (like Barcelona Urbany Hostel where I stayed two nights) have better amenties and are often better value for money, but everyone is already in friendship groups and it's near impossible to make friends unless your brave enough to walk up to a group of people and
introduce yourself. I stayed in Saint Jordi Alberg which was really sociable and friendly, although overpriced considering how basic the facilities are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.86%
No - but I will (46)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.32%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
46.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise