German and/or history of art Watch

sech
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am planning to study German and history of art. is anybody else studying this course if so could you please tell me something about it ?
mysticalfluffy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
History of art-wonderful course if you put the work in. I just did my final year exam today, everyone was so stressed and it's been the most stressful exam ever! That said, as I say, put the work in and it's interesting. For me the main annoyance is how erratic it is, two weeks in islam, two in china then a hop back to the main chronological time line on european art.
hmaus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
German at Edinburgh is brilliant! I highly recommend it. Really great department. You'd be in quite a small group (compared to French etc) so staff get to know you and take more of an interest. The tutors for language classes are lovely (try to get into Corinna's oral class if you can, she is hilarious) and you can also choose some really interesting literature modules later on. The German Society is pretty active and they also have a German play every year. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I don't know anything at all about the HoA course so can't give my opinion on that bit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed