piercings :) Watch

Anna Louise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
ok so i've been considering getting a tongue piercing, i'm 17 nearly 18 so my parents don't really get a say as far as i'm concerned i also know the risks i've done research and friend who has hers done has recommended a place.. her mum is a doctor and works with my dad and she approved it so i'm confident it's a safe and clean place. the point of this friend is more if i would suit it, some friends have said definitely not, but they hate tongue piercings ! my friend who has it done says she is girly like me and she looks good with it.. we also have a similar look with dark hair, roundish/ heart shaped faces etc. i have a picture on my profile but will also upload one.. would appreciate some opinions thanks guys ! x
george..
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
More than two in each ear or your belly button is too much.
desku
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get a Prince Albert.
Anna Louise
Rep:
?
hahaa very funny ! do you know how to upload a picture into a thread ?
christina077
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
get it! looks good but remember peoples perceptions of you will change and you might find it hard to get a job but heyho itll look look
Anna Louise
Rep:
?
thank you i know that's what i was thinking ! butt apparently you could have it a little further back so it's not as visible.. ? i also wouldn't mind taking it out at times once it's healed
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just decided on a whim when I had mine done. I didn't even consider it not 'suiting' me tbh. I was curious, so I had it done lol.

If you like it, do it. Stop asking other people, because they won't necessarily tell you what you want to hear!
i'm cool yeah?
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by desku)
Get a Prince Albert.
lolwut?
Fjarskafinn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Go for it! You won't regret it (except perhaps in days 3 and 4 of the healing process where it swells up like hell!). Nobody has to see it unless you show it to them or you walk around with your mouth open all day.

I don't think face shapes matter with tongue piercings, for the reasons I just mentioned. I personally got it done out of curiosity and an unexpected extra bit of money one month, and at a time when getting piercings was a bit of an addiction! No-one sees it, it's just there for my own enjoyment and satisfaction.

It will hurt. Remember that before you shell out money you could do other things with if you're not 100% sure you want it, or think it will be worth it due to it being largely invisible.
Anna Louise
Rep:
?
thanks for the advice everyone ! i think i'm just going to have it done and hope for the best.. can always take it out if it looks awful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.59%
No - but I will (35)
6.57%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.75%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (251)
47.09%

Watched Threads