no grant on my application - worried Watch

needyourhelp
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've sent off the declaration for my application and n my student finance page it says that my application has been approved and that they have all the information they need.

I should be entitled to receiving maximum maintenance grant yet on the page all it has is maintenance loan and tuition fee loans, it does say on the page that they haven't taken my household income into account but surely they must have to approve my application?
christina077
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
you shouldve clicked on a link to let them take your household income into account
needyourhelp
I'm sure I did, my mum had to fill in loads of information about her income, benefits and so on from the last financial year.
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The correct information will be on a letter that gets sent to you after they have assessed you. The website just details the minimum you will get.
needyourhelp
So even though it says my application has been approved that doesn't mean they've fully assessed me and worked out how much I'm entitled to?
tinareet
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hiya, I'm having the same kind of problem, I'm going to call them tonight, I'll let you know what they say
Xx
needyourhelp
Awesome, thanks a lot x
tinareet
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hiya sorry didnt get back to yesterday. They approve you for minimum maintenance loan and tuition fee and then they ask for evidence for the financial bit. However, it looks like they ask you for your evidence before approving you online because of the amount of days it takes to process each bit. So when you send in your evidence and everything it then sits in a pile waiting for you to be financially assessed which takes longer. So it says yes you have got a loan and tuition fee and they are waiting for the evidence to be processed so you can get maintenance grant and for your info to be sent to the unis for the bursary. I was told to be patient and wait for it to be processed, but in the correspondence bit it will say thankyou for your evidence or summin like that once they have processed it. If you are still worried give them a call they are really helpful. Also for other people reading I was told to send my declaration back regardless if it has the maintenance grant on it or not as this is just agreeing to the terms.
Xxx
needyourhelp
Thanks a lot for the reply, I thought that might be the case. Thanks again. x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (553)
37.82%
No - but I will (115)
7.87%
No - I don't want to (103)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.26%

Watched Threads