nose piercing Watch

iloveparis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
okay so i got my nose pierced last thursday and i was cleaning it yesterday and it came out. I searched for ages on google to find out what i should do and most of the stuff was either to take it out or try and get the stud back in. I couldn't get it back in so i sterilized an earring and kept it in to stop it closing up. Would the best thing be just to go back to my piercer tomorrow? I couldn't get an appointment today cause the place was shut :/
april_happy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Rather contrary to the post above, my nose piercing healed very quickly and was the easiest piercing of all, despite falling out a week after I had it done. I would say sterilise your nose stud, and do your best to put it back in, and then just leave it. Clean it if you think its looks rough, but I would honestly recommend leaving your piercing to naturally heal. As said above just persevere, it will be well worth it =D
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Keep the earring in and go back to your piercer tomorrow. They'll swap the stud and put a new one in.
iloveparis
Rep:
?
thanks for the advice i went back to my piercer and got the stud put back in so everything's all good again!
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got mine done yesterday and am already paranoid about it falling out! Any tips about how to avoid it falling out?

*sorry to hijack thread*
ellakrystina
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It'll be much cheaper for you to keep an earring in it as you are doing now, then go back to the piercer tomorrow to get them to put a stud back in. Nose piercings heal quite quickly so there's a chance that the piercer may have to get a new needle to re-pierce it if you let it heal up - thus costing you money.
iloveparis
Rep:
?
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
I got mine done yesterday and am already paranoid about it falling out! Any tips about how to avoid it falling out?

*sorry to hijack thread*
Just be really careful when you're cleaning it and be really careful not to twist it, that's how mine came out. Other than that it shouldn't fall out if it's in properly
haha and it's cool :P
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iloveparis)
Just be really careful when you're cleaning it and be really careful not to twist it, that's how mine came out. Other than that it shouldn't fall out if it's in properly
haha and it's cool :P
Thanks, from what I can see inside my nose the back of the stud is kinda curved so I'm hoping it shouldn't come out easily!
sarahthegemini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

*sorry to hijack thread*
The more angled the bar, the harder it will be to fall out. But I'm assuming as you got it pierced yesterday, it's a straight-earring type bar? In that case, plasters
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sarahthegemini)
The more angled the bar, the harder it will be to fall out. But I'm assuming as you got it pierced yesterday, it's a straight-earring type bar? In that case, plasters
Seems to curve at the end

From what I can see inside my nose it looks a bit like the one on the far right?

sarahthegemini
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Seems to curve at the end

From what I can see inside my nose it looks a bit like the one on the far right?

Ah ok, when I had mine pierced (years ago when they still used guns!) I had it pierced with an earring so it came out reeeally easily. I would say general tips though:

*Take care when washing your face/applying make-up (another thing to consider btw, it might have been just my luck, but when I had my nose pierced, the surrounding area got really spotty It only cleared up when I took my piercing out for good!)

*Wear plasters at night - this is an absolute MUST (not just during the healing period, but always!)

*Use a cotton bud to clean the area - cotton wool balls (well the fibre-y bits) could get stuck on the stud and pull it out by mistake - ouch!

*When the healing period is over and you can change the stud, if you can, get one that is practically a right angle because (as said before) it'll be more difficult to knock it out. And also make sure the bar isn't too thin.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah ok, when I had mine pierced (years ago when they still used guns!) I had it pierced with an earring so it came out reeeally easily. I would say general tips though:

*Take care when washing your face/applying make-up (another thing to consider btw, it might have been just my luck, but when I had my nose pierced, the surrounding area got really spotty It only cleared up when I took my piercing out for good!)

*Wear plasters at night - this is an absolute MUST (not just during the healing period, but always!)

*Use a cotton bud to clean the area - cotton wool balls (well the fibre-y bits) could get stuck on the stud and pull it out by mistake - ouch!

*When the healing period is over and you can change the stud, if you can, get one that is practically a right angle because (as said before) it'll be more difficult to knock it out. And also make sure the bar isn't too thin.
A good piercer definitely wouldn't use a straight stud in a nostril piercing. Cotton balls should be fine if they're totally soaked (and actually better really than cotton buds, as you can't properly soak the piercing using cotton buds). I'd also really advise against wearing a plaster at night - it'll suffocate the piercing and can often be irritating. If the jewellery is appropriate (e.g. labret stud or nostril screw, which greeneyedgirl's is) then it's not necessary IMO. Unless perhaps you're a really restless sleeper and are likely to knock it out...I've only ever had one nostril screw fall out once in the night, and I have both sides pierced and wore nostril screws for the first year! They've been done over 4 years now and I've not once worn a plaster at night...
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
A good piercer definitely wouldn't use a straight stud in a nostril piercing. Cotton balls should be fine if they're totally soaked (and actually better really than cotton buds, as you can't properly soak the piercing using cotton buds). I'd also really advise against wearing a plaster at night - it'll suffocate the piercing and can often be irritating. If the jewellery is appropriate (e.g. labret stud or nostril screw, which greeneyedgirl's is) then it's not necessary IMO. Unless perhaps you're a really restless sleeper and are likely to knock it out...I've only ever had one nostril screw fall out once in the night, and I have both sides pierced and wore nostril screws for the first year! They've been done over 4 years now and I've not once worn a plaster at night...
Yeah I won't wear a plaster, I'm not a bad sleeper at all and even when I've like rubbed my nose by accident it hasn't seemed like it's gonna come out or anythin
sarahthegemini
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
As I said, I had mine done years ago so it was different back then. And it is advised to wear a plaster at night, as long as you get air to it during the daytime it's not gunna suffocate it. And cotton wool isn't advised for cleaning any piercings as it can cause irritation.
sarahthegemini
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just to add, in regards to cleaning it would probably he best to use kitchen roll as you can soak it in the solution and kind of squeeze it over the piercing.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As I said, I had mine done years ago so it was different back then. And it is advised to wear a plaster at night, as long as you get air to it during the daytime it's not gunna suffocate it. And cotton wool isn't advised for cleaning any piercings as it can cause irritation.
Agree to disagree then *shrug* I've never spoken to a good piercer who would advise regularly putting plasters over any piercing, and cotton wool balls have always been much more effective in my experience. Sea salt soaks are best, just dipping the piercing in a mug for 5-10 minutes, but as long as a cotton ball is thoroughly saturated it's unlikely that fibres will come off and get stuck in the piercing (I've only ever used them for my piercings...well, except on the odd occasion I'd do a proper soak) whereas cotton buds are rubbish for actually soaking a piercing. Can be good for getting crusties off after a soak though, especially in awkward places like the back of tragus piercing, heh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.37%
No - but I will (17)
5.4%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.89%

Watched Threads