ITunes updating/uninstalling Watch

dances_with_lamposts
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, sorry if I'm in the wrong place. I think that my itunes may have corrupted itself when it last updated - everytime it tries to update now it asks me to locate an ITunes.msi file (no matter how hard i look I can't find it).

So after a few hours arguing with my computer I decided to try to uninstall itunes and then start from scratch, but I can't seem to get rid of it (because it wants me to locate the file). I got rid of all the other apple programmes and then downloaded itunes again, the setup went through the motions and then asked me to locate this file again.

So now the new version can't install because there's a previous version installed, I can't uninstall what I've got and I can't use what I had becuase I got rid of most of it.

Any ideas about how to sort it?

Thanks.
DwL.
dances_with_lamposts
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Bump. Anyone?
Zinio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd say try a third party uninstaller and remove the entry if it fails to uninstall normally ( some safe ones like Glary Utilities from Glarysoft or CCleaner from Piriform ) then clean up the messy registry links of Apple/Itunes as well using the same software and try to re-install. Hope it helps !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.47%
No - but I will (74)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (463)
47.93%

Watched Threads