Reassurance anyone? I'm really scared! :( Watch

gcse revision
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Okay, well, I'm doing my GCSE's pretty soon, and I'm just getting really stressy and panicky.

My first exam is on the 16th May - my Edexcel Craft of the Writer paper. So, before May half-term, I will have my Chemistry, Biology, Physics, RE, PE Theory, Edexcel English Unseen Media, and Edexcel English Literature exams. After half term, I have my Business Studies, Maths and Geography Exams. Do you think I can leave revision until the 9 day half-term period? I really need to focus on my science and English exams at the moment.

I have learnt my textbooks for Physics, Chemistry and Biology, but have yet to complete past papers. I need to finish off learning my notes for RE (which shouldn't be too hard, if I just recap them once a day) and PE is really basic, so I don't need to do much revision for that.

For English I have written up notes for the 16 poems which I am studying, but have yet to write them for the 12 non-fiction prose texts. I wrote my notes for the poems the last four days, and it took me two hours per poem. I'm hoping to have finished my non-fiction prose notes by Friday. So hopefully once I have done that it will just be a case of reading through them daily until the exam? But I'm terrified because I need to do loads of practice papers, and... I'm just TERRIFIED.

It takes me three hours to recap science (1 hour per science) each day, and seeing as though I am back at school tomorrow, I'm not going to have that much time to revise during the day! We don't know when our study leave starts. I'm aiming for all A's and A*'s. I JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME. My main worry is English. I need to revise "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "An Inspector Calls", learn my notes for 16 poems and 12 non-fiction prose texts, prepare for the unseen media, practice the "Writing Triplets" pieces, and do a ton of practice papers!

Ahhhhh help! I'm so scared. Any reassurance, please?
ju1c
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What subjects do you still have to make notes on? If not have you finished all your notes?

This website should really help you with English/English Lit/TKAM

http://www.swotrevision.com/pages/gcse/englishlang.html
wasteman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i didnt revise n i got all Cs
don worry be like me
Jordenfruitbat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gcse revision)
Okay, well, I'm doing my GCSE's pretty soon, and I'm just getting really stressy and panicky.

My first exam is on the 16th May - my Edexcel Craft of the Writer paper. So, before May half-term, I will have my Chemistry, Biology, Physics, RE, PE Theory, Edexcel English Unseen Media, and Edexcel English Literature exams. After half term, I have my Business Studies, Maths and Geography Exams. Do you think I can leave revision until the 9 day half-term period? I really need to focus on my science and English exams at the moment.

I have learnt my textbooks for Physics, Chemistry and Biology, but have yet to complete past papers. I need to finish off learning my notes for RE (which shouldn't be too hard, if I just recap them once a day) and PE is really basic, so I don't need to do much revision for that.

For English I have written up notes for the 16 poems which I am studying, but have yet to write them for the 12 non-fiction prose texts. I wrote my notes for the poems the last four days, and it took me two hours per poem. I'm hoping to have finished my non-fiction prose notes by Friday. So hopefully once I have done that it will just be a case of reading through them daily until the exam? But I'm terrified because I need to do loads of practice papers, and... I'm just TERRIFIED.

It takes me three hours to recap science (1 hour per science) each day, and seeing as though I am back at school tomorrow, I'm not going to have that much time to revise during the day! We don't know when our study leave starts. I'm aiming for all A's and A*'s. I JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME. My main worry is English. I need to revise "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "An Inspector Calls", learn my notes for 16 poems and 12 non-fiction prose texts, prepare for the unseen media, practice the "Writing Triplets" pieces, and do a ton of practice papers!

You shouldn't be worrying over GCSE's you will look back and realise how incredibely easy they are chill. Put some work in and you'll be absoloutly fine they are made so you can pass them easily and don't really determine that much of your future.
spocckka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You will realise how easy they all were after. Get done to what you have planned and you'll be fine, it's not too late.
gcse revision
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jordenfruitbat)
You shouldn't be worrying over GCSE's you will look back and realise how incredibely easy they are chill. Put some work in and you'll be absoloutly fine they are made so you can pass them easily and don't really determine that much of your future.
Thanks for the reply, it's made me feel much better! I know that once I hit A Levels, GCSE's are going to seem like a piece of cake. But anyway, thanks for the reassurance. Much appreciated!!!
dean01234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
don't worry... gcse's are easy, its A levels you have to worry about
Jordenfruitbat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks for the reply, it's made me feel much better! I know that once I hit A Levels, GCSE's are going to seem like a piece of cake. But anyway, thanks for the reassurance. Much appreciated!!!
It's no problem Just think you'll have a nice long summer holiday soon aswell
ju1c
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I have a 9 day gap and I was planning on leaving Business Studies + Maths until then aswell although I haven't made any notes on Business so it might be a bad idea im not sure, what do you think?
gcse revision
Rep:
?
(Original post by ju1c)
I have a 9 day gap and I was planning on leaving Business Studies + Maths until then aswell although I haven't made any notes on Business so it might be a bad idea im not sure, what do you think?
I think that would be fine to be honest! Taking notes really didn't take me very long. Are you on the Edexcel exam board? If you are, and you have been given that fat textbook that contains loads of pointless "examples" throughout, then I wouldn't worry. I managed to reduce the whole 130+ page textbook to about 15 sides of good, succinct notes. And it only took about a day! Glad to hear someone's in the same position as me :P
ginger.with.envy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
just breathe! you'll be fine, so long as you have a basic structure for english lit answers its pretty easy. business studies was basically common sense from what i remember. and maths just needs a couple of past papers to get your brain in gear and you're set. so you've got plenty of time

good luck
ju1c
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think that would be fine to be honest! Taking notes really didn't take me very long. Are you on the Edexcel exam board? If you are, and you have been given that fat textbook that contains loads of pointless "examples" throughout, then I wouldn't worry. I managed to reduce the whole 130+ page textbook to about 15 sides of good, succinct notes. And it only took about a day! Glad to hear someone's in the same position as me :P
Have you made/got your notes already? I haven't even made any notes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed