First instinct to run? Watch

mtoo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've been hanging out with this guy, who I like. The sex is really good, and I enjoy being with him. We have fun together.

It's definitely nothing serious, nor are we 'dating' but already feel like I just want to get out of this situation. I very much enjoy the benefits of him (company, good times, his personality) but just this minimum level of intimacy has made me freak out. I don't want to seem 'hard to get' and start avoiding him, but I feel like saying something like 'I don't want to be your (or anyone's for that matter) girlfriend at any point'. We're not even near the point of that conversation, but he's definitely the type of guy who has girlfriends.

Anyone else terrified of anything even remotely resembling commitment?
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
I was like this with a guy too. i loved spending time with him but didn't want anything serious. he then started saying he loved me, calling me his girlfriend out of the blue... and i kept saying, "let's just take it slow..."
but in my case, i started getting jealous when he was spending time with other girls and got attached.
in your case you're probably going to have to say how you enjoy spending time with him, but don't want anything serious.
but there's a good chance he will change towards you maybe, might act differently, and there could be other girls on the scene
Sabriella
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get over it, seriously. It's okay to have a boyfriend/someone who's company you enjoy without having to marry them.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
(female)

Me. I don't want a relationship and I'm scared of commitment. I'm scared opening myself up and everything it would entail - belonging to someone that fully i guess. I'm not talking sexually - that's no issue, it's everything apart from that. Relationships make me uncomfortable and I don't like letting anyone too close to me. I like the run up to a relationship, but the minute it looks like its going to go somewhere, I want out!
Roo Bix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Two people can be happy together, but they have to allow themselves to be.
Nick Longjohnson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whatever you do, do not run away. That indicates fear and they will attack you.

Run at them.

edit: oh wait, we're not talking about lions. Awkward :erm:
mtoo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Sabriella)
Get over it, seriously. It's okay to have a boyfriend/someone who's company you enjoy without having to marry them.
Haha I know : D It's just getting to the point where I feel anxious about even seeing him ..

I might need therapy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.47%
No - but I will (88)
7.63%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.05%

Watched Threads