MSc/Mphil/Mres Economics: Right BScChoice? Watch

geesingsn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey everyone,

I am currently a first-year student at the Rotterdam School of Management and eventhough I enjoyed my business studies and did quite well in them (9.2 out of 10 average, top 0.5% of my class) I have decided that I want to pursue a carreer in economics, perhaps even an academic one. Therefore, I have decided to switch to the International Bachelor in Economics & Business Economics programme at the Erasmus School of Economics.

In this light, I have a few questions.
First of all, if you take a look at the curriculum (http://www.eur.nl/ese/english/inform...me/curriculum/) would these courses be enough for an application to a good UK uni for a MSc/Mres (preferably LSE, Cambridge etc) if supplemented with additional mathematics (two courses of real analysis and two courses algebra) and econometrics (honours programme with focus on quantitative methods and econometrics, introductory econometrics + intermediate econometrics)?

Second, what do you guys think of the reputation of the Erasmus School of Economics? I have seen some rankings and they have been ranked anywhere from 5 up to 10 in Europe. Tilburg consistently ranks higher but I have heard the international reputation of Erasmus is better?

I am hoping to achieve somewhere in between a 9.0 to a 9.5 average, I have spoken to my intro to microeconomics prof and based on what he has seen he thinks I would be capable of such results.

Anyway, let you guys know what you think my odds are, it is the only thing I have ever really wanted but really hard to achieve for your average Dutch guy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.76%
No - but I will (98)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (607)
47.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise