Exeter exchange student Watch

SimoneM90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Alright folks!
My name is Simone, I study at LUISS Guido Carli University in Rome, Italy and I'm coming to Exeter as undergraduate erasmus student on September 25 staying for the whole academic year.
Now, application time has arrived eventually, and I have some doubts about accommodation and that sorta stuff, since I've never been to Exeter and I have no idea what's it like at all. As exchange student I can't apply for catered accommodation, and that kinda sucks because I can't even make myself a decent sandwich, better do something about it I guess. I will be studying at the Business School, so I need to get accommodation at Streathcam campus. The options I have in mind are the followings:
1) Birks Grange Enhanced
2) Lafrowda Ensuite
3) St. German's,
Not necessarily in this order.
The big question: given that even if I'm a foreigner I'd like to hang out and spend time mostly with English people, I am a relatively sociable and friendly person and I like to party and get drunk a lot but I am also very serious when it gets to study hard, where would you go if you were in my shoes?
I reckon all this is quite silly but you know...I hope you understand me haha! Cheers and cheerio,
Simone.
PaperSnowAGhost!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I applied for Lafrowda Ensuite too Hi there
DreamsComeTrue.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hi just saw your thread in passing so thought i'd give a quick reply!
i think all of ur choices are really "sociable" as you get partying students everywhere! but i stayed in lafrowda last yeat (lafrowda and st germans are in the same place) and this is closer to town (and all clubs are in town) only a 10 min walk! and also has the Lemmy which is a club which is next to lafrowda so very sociable.
Birks is on the other side of campus so that about half an hour walk from town! and far away. also if ur in the business school, then Lanfrowda/st germans is like a 1 min walk from the business school!
hope this helps
SimoneM90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi better continue my enquiry on "Freshers 11" thread
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise