What are my chances of getting on an MSc? Watch

charm_bracelet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey everyone,

I'm really interested in doing MSc Strategic Marketing at Imperial of course I am pretty worried about my chances as my bachelors degree wasn't great. I have a BSc Applied Social Science, 2:2 from University of Chester which was pretty much affected by a pretty bad injury in my final year so I feel lucky to have even gotten a 2:2 at all...

I really want to go into PR, and I do have experience in helping coordinate cultural and promotional events as well as volunteer work as a student ambassador, and department liaison. I've also prepared press releases in one of my jobs. I plan to apply for next year, so I was aiming to try to get a Marketing or PR internship and more volunteer experience. I've also grown up in 6 countries. What do you think my chances are of going to Imperial if I really work at getting more experience? Will this help compensate for my grades?
Panda Vinnie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's one of their business school degrees, it's ridiculously competitive. Think they ask for a first class (?) for that course, so on the academic front you're already way behind.

No harm in applying, maybe your experience will improve your profile but I'd say it's improbable. Hopefully they take your experience into account.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (121)
39.54%
No - but I will (16)
5.23%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.69%

Watched Threads