When people go out on a night out, how many hours do you stand up for? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Basically, as title. I am disabled and just wondering whether I would be able to go out when i'm at university.

Thanks for any help, i appreciate it.
WhiteIphone4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Meals, cinema, probably even bowling, shisha lounge, and many many more places have sitting facilities :dontknow:
proud nd luvin it
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ermmm... well it depends on whether you mean stand up, as in standing up or sitting down, or stand up in the sense, of before you collapse from being too drunk.

I presume you mean the first one though in which case I wouldn't worry, there's always places for people to sit down, and not everyone will want to be on their feet all night anyway
ily_em
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Erm well depends where we go. Sometimes nearly the whole night is spend stood up. However, if there was a disabled person in our group who needed to sit down more often then we would just sit down more...
Andrii
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It depends where we go...if you mean a night out as in clubbing, then I've gone for about 9 hours standing up (damn 6 am closing times :teehee: ). That being said, it's not because I had to, but rather that, in my drunken wisdom, I decided to ignore my feet's cry for help.

I wouldn't worry about it though- there are facilities for sitting down pretty much everywhere, and personally, if anyone going out with us was disabled, I know I'd make sure we spent more time sitting down. It shouldn't be an impediment to you going out and having a good time at uni, that's for sure
26daystoworkwith
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Typical night out for me...

Sit down in the bar for pre-drinks - 3 hours.
Stand up/dance in clubs - 4 hours.
Piggyback from the club to the taxi rank (I know it's self-inflicted, but after 7 hours those heels are f***ing painful) - 30 mins
Sit in taxi - 20 mins

I'd say the time's 50/50 stood up or sitting down.
RahRah09
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well I think the longest time I've ever been out was for a sports social - 7pm til 3am.

7-9.30: sitting down at the bar
9.30-3am: dancing, sitting, queuing.

There are always options to sit, I think your main concern is business, sometimes it's impossible to move anywhere.
SummerSofas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
theres a disabled dude in one of my groups of friends, he's goes out clubbing

hell he even goes to the gym
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My husband has severe mobility problems (he can stand for less than 5 minutes at a time) and he goes out to nightclubs. Okay, rarely, but he does. He just sits down for most of the night and moshes sitting down lol.
RabbitCFH
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We usually get to the club at half 11 ish and leave at half 2 - 3, so it's usually 3-4 hours.
Something_Ironic
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not a comedian Tbh..
Blueflare
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Clubbing: 3/4 hours. I never really go clubbing now though.
NO2AV
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SummerSofas)
theres a disabled dude in one of my groups of friends, he's goes out clubbing

hell he even goes to the gym
**** me is there anything they can't do?
Mooseyboy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bloke in a wheelchair was in elements in bedford saturday night. Damn git got TONS of women all over him!!!
cracker23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
word of advice - Groove is ridiculous.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (477)
38.19%
No - but I will (95)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (87)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (590)
47.24%

Watched Threads