Heading towards missing my offer and getting A*/A/D :/ Watch

Jono404
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Not sure what to do at all, I take maths, economics and politics but the politics this year has just been a disaster, I got a B at AS and this year I'm predicted a U, so my predicted grades are A*/A/U in maths, econ, politics respectively. I worked out I need 54 UMS across 2 papers to get a D, which is probably doable but my offers for uni are AAB for Cardiff which is my firm and AAC for sussex which is my insurance. I just find the politics ****ing impossible for some reason, whenever I look at the questions my mind just goes blank, and it's so incomprehensibly boring I can't bear it.

What unis would have me on AAD A*/A/D for Economics if I miss it this year?
username202682
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They are not obliged to take you if you miss a grade in any of your subjects, no.

Though of course, some universities are more flexible than others....
Jono404
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Stricof)
They are not obliged to take you if you miss a grade in any of your subjects, no.
I know, I was asking what unis I could apply to next year, might not have been clear from my wording. Like could I apply to BBB unis eg UEA as it's the same number of points? The D is in the subject that is least relevant to the course I wish to apply for, maybe if they see I have a strong economic and mathematical background?
The_0001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jono404)
Not sure what to do at all, I take maths, economics and politics but the politics this year has just been a disaster, I got a B at AS and this year I'm predicted a U, so my predicted grades are A*/A/U in maths, econ, politics respectively. I worked out I need 54 UMS across 2 papers to get a D, which is probably doable but my offers for uni are AAB for Cardiff which is my firm and AAC for sussex which is my insurance. I just find the politics ****ing impossible for some reason, whenever I look at the questions my mind just goes blank, and it's so incomprehensibly boring I can't bear it.

What unis would have me on AAD A*/A/D for Economics if I miss it this year?
Look at past papers and solutions. Paste into the exam and bam. You've got your A.
k3ro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jono404)
I know, I was asking what unis I could apply to next year, might not have been clear from my wording. Like could I apply to BBB unis eg UEA as it's the same number of points? The D is in the subject that is least relevant to the course I wish to apply for, maybe if they see I have a strong economic and mathematical background?
I dunno. I know this is a bit ambiguous, but it honestly depends on the universities themselves. For example, UEA is known for taking people based mainly on their personal statements, rather than their grades. So if you've got a good PS, then UEA would most likely take you, yeah.

Other universities that are notorious for their strict academic requirements.. Not so much. I'd just recommend doing some research on the universities you'd be interested in applying to (TSR can be really useful in regards to seeing whether a university is often lenient or not). Good luck..

(And I feel your pain. I'm on the way to failing one of my subjects, too.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads