Chemistry A2 Edexcel - help? Watch

There will be Particles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Can anyone explain to me what the best way to revise Edexcel A2 Chemistry is?

What is the best book to use - how should one make notes etc.

There is so much work to cover and I don't know where to start and the exam is in roughly six weeks.
Vampire-Love4ever
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by There will be Particles)
Can anyone explain to me what the best way to revise Edexcel A2 Chemistry is?

What is the best book to use - how should one make notes etc.

There is so much work to cover and I don't know where to start and the exam is in roughly six weeks.
I use A2 Edexcel Student's Book by Ann Fullick. It's a really good book & covers most of the important topics required according to the syllabus. Plus, along side that I use Edexcel A2 Revision guide which is of GREAT help- it has helpful practice questions & will be of great help to revise few days before exam!
I make my notes specifically according to the syllabus & make flash cards for the really important stuff!
And most importantly, practice the past papers and while doing that- make sure that you time yourself because time management is the most crucial point of the exam!
All the very best! Hope I was of some help.
There will be Particles
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vampire-Love4ever)
I use A2 Edexcel Student's Book by Ann Fullick. It's a really good book & covers most of the important topics required according to the syllabus. Plus, along side that I use Edexcel A2 Revision guide which is of GREAT help- it has helpful practice questions & will be of great help to revise few days before exam!
I make my notes specifically according to the syllabus & make flash cards for the really important stuff!
And most importantly, practice the past papers and while doing that- make sure that you time yourself because time management is the most crucial point of the exam!
All the very best! Hope I was of some help.
Very helpful, Jazakallah khair. Those flash cards sound like a good idea. I've also started using that revision guide too and I find it has really made things a lot clearly and easy to study alhamdulilah
Vampire-Love4ever
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Very helpful, Jazakallah khair. Those flash cards sound like a good idea. I've also started using that revision guide too and I find it has really made things a lot clearly and easy to study alhamdulilah
Wa iyyak!
Yes, flash cards will be very helpful specially night before exam. I have made some for Unit 6 Chemistry, haven't got enough time to make for Unit 4 or Unit 5.
I know. Alhamdullah, the revision guide has been of great help.
I have my first exam after 5 days, please make Dua for me-I'm so scared
There will be Particles
Rep:
?
Wa iyyak!
Yes, flash cards will be very helpful specially night before exam. I have made some for Unit 6 Chemistry, haven't got enough time to make for Unit 4 or Unit 5.
I know. Alhamdullah, the revision guide has been of great help.
I have my first exam after 5 days, please make Dua for me-I'm so scared
Inshallah after salatul Fajir & the time leading up to it, the last third of the night try to also make dua at this time for it should be the best time to make dua inshallah do so for me and the ummah too please as well as the people of Libya and Syria
Vampire-Love4ever
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Inshallah after salatul Fajir & the time leading up to it, the last third of the night try to also make dua at this time for it should be the best time to make dua inshallah do so for me and the ummah too please as well as the people of Libya and Syria
Insha Allah, I will. JazakAllah Khair! My Duas are with the ummah & all the countries in crisis. You too make for Afghanistan.
And insha Allah, Allah will hopefully answer our prayers & Duas!
There will be Particles
Rep:
?
Insha Allah, I will. JazakAllah Khair! My Duas are with the ummah & all the countries in crisis. You too make for Afghanistan.
And insha Allah, Allah will hopefully answer our prayers & Duas!
Inshallah, ameen.
Clumsy_Chemist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My advice is to get the CGP revision guide for your the course, I think it's really good. Additional to that, obviously you should attack some past papers, and put all the formulae and hard-to-remember stuff on some posters, so you stare at them everytime you open your wardrobe or whatever. Also, I think the big key terms are worth learning off by heart using postits or something. You may well get asked what the standard enthalpy change of hydration is for example, and there are lots of little things you can forget when trying to define things properly. Also, quiz a friend and vice versa, I think discussing is better than scribbling answers good luck
SoCStormtrooper
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
One thing I've found really useful is to print the specification, and then make notes on each point in the specification. If it ain't in the specification, it ain't gonna be in the exam. Then do past papers, identifying any weak areas, and do double notes on those, consistantly checking back, knowledge-wise. It's what I did in the AS, and my marks were really good, and it's what I plan to do this year too.
There will be Particles
Rep:
?
(Original post by Clumsy_Chemist)
X
Thanks very much everyone seems to have really useful and innovative ways of studying, I'll certainly try some of those things out.
There will be Particles
Rep:
?
(Original post by SoCStormtrooper)
X
That's exactly what I did last year and I did pretty well Alhamdulilah, just lost confidence this year I guess since I haven't paid as much attention to chemistry as I should have throughout the year :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads