WikiLeaks: Osama bin Laden 'protected' by Pakistani security Watch

Grim_the_Reaper
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-security.html

Is anyone honestly surprised?

Time to stop sending the jizya/foreign aid to Pakistan methinks....
MishMash1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
WikiLeaks...a greater threat than AQ!
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love Wikileaks ;D
Read a few things myself.. but i never come across anything that interesting lol ¬_¬
MishMash1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
and i'm not surprised. Countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan have such close-knit communities. Reminds me of my teacher. She found out that her father used to work for MI6 in Pakistan/Afghanistan back in the 80's. He said the west can never defeat them. I'd be surprised if the US could count the killing of Bin Laden as a victory!
AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MishMash1)
and i'm not surprised. Countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan have such close-knit communities. Reminds me of my teacher. She found out that her father used to work for MI6 in Pakistan/Afghanistan back in the 80's. He said the west can never defeat them. I'd be surprised if the US could count the killing of Bin Laden as a victory!
They can't. Its symbolic more than anything.

Terrorist groups have distanced themselves from Al Qaeda in recent years and there will be new groups emerging for years to come.

This could lead to some groups trying to retaliate and by putting their name to the organisation that is Al Qaeda. Someone will want to step up the plate and take over where Bin Laden is no longer present. For all we know the next person to come along and the next person to start running Al Qaeda could be far more extreme than Bin Laden himself.
y2cwr2005
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The only surprising thing here is that America ever trusted Pakistani security in the first place.
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
They can't. Its symbolic more than anything.

Terrorist groups have distanced themselves from Al Qaeda in recent years and there will be new groups emerging for years to come.

This could lead to some groups trying to retaliate and by putting their name to the organisation that is Al Qaeda. Someone will want to step up the plate and take over where Bin Laden is no longer present. For all we know the next person to come along and the next person to start running Al Qaeda could be far more extreme than Bin Laden himself.
Apparently 'Ayman al-Zawahiri' is now the 'leader' .
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
Well I hear he was really the brains behind them..and Bin Laden just had the money..
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jakemittle)
Well I hear he was really the brains behind them..and Bin Laden just had the money..
As well as being a figurehead.
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
As well as being a figurehead.
True True
George Agdgdgwngo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
Why Ayman?

:getmecoat:
Michel Foucault
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Who's surprised?

Pakistan has been the elephant in the room for a long time as far as the West is concerned. Pakistan is the real enemy, and it's only a matter of time before the showdown occurs.

Having said that, I don't think it was necessarily a bad idea to give them £650m in educational aid, and if Cameron is as smart as I think he is, then he knew exactly what he was doing when he did it.
Dirac Delta Function
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by George Agdgdgwngo)
Why Ayman?

:getmecoat:
haha.
therealOG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Given that the ISI helped out the terrorist group that carried out the Mumbai shootings in '07, I'm really not surprised.
A level Az
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cameron gave 650m to Pakistan whilst they protected Osama Bin Laden?

tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
I say that we withdraw all aid we are giving them until they sort their country out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads