The Student Room Group

Girls have an unfair advantage

Why is that an average looking guy never gets any attention when commpared to a average looking women? Its not like women are scarce..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What...

:facepalm2:
Why is that an average looking GIRL never gets any attention when compared to average looking MAN?...
Spot the difference here?
Original post by Anonymous
Why is that an average looking guy never gets any attention when commpared to a average looking women? Its not like women are scarce..

Very true. No idea why either.
Reply 4
Because in our society men are generally the ones doing the approaching and giving the attention.

Thankfully things are slowly becoming more equal.

(Though things aren't looking good for you if you didn't manage to work this out on your own)
Why are men under the delusion that all half-decent looking girls get loads of attention? :confused:
Original post by Pink Bullets
Why are men under the delusion that all half-decent looking girls get loads of attention? :confused:

They never have any shortage of men...I know one who's had more men than I can remember. She's "average" personified..not just in my view, in other guys' view too.
Original post by baffled_mathman
They never have any shortage of men...I know one who's had more men than I can remember. She's "average" personified..not just in my view, in other guys' view too.

Oh, well, if you know one girl that x applies to, then clearly x applies to all girls. Indisputably. Can't argue with that flawless logic.
Why do people think they can apply their own opinions as sweeping statements and think they are true?
Oh, well, if you know one girl that x applies to, then clearly x applies to all girls. Indisputably. Can't argue with that flawless logic.

Not just one...many. She just springs to mind first. Average women can have an average or better man at all times. Average men are lucky to get anyone better than "total minger".

Edit: Unless they are wealthy. Just in case someone pedantic replies. Mentioning no names...
(edited 12 years ago)

To be fair, he has a point.
Reply 11
Was it Adam or Eve that had a bite out of the apple from the apple tree despite what God said?
:lolwut:

It's pretty obvious - guys chase girls more than girls chase guys.
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
To be fair, he has a point.

Thanks.. ;-)
Reply 15
1 egg. 1000s of sperm.

With such an uneven battlefield, no wonder there is so much friendly fire.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
Because evolutionarily, women had to be more selective of their partners, since they're the ones who need to carry a baby for 9 months afterwards. Men... want to spread their genes around as much as they can, so have no such qualms.

Seems fair enough to me :tongue:.
Reply 17
It varies. In some environments women are more scarce, such as university. There you often get women coming onto you directly because there's a shortage of men.

In the distant future I'd imagine this will become a lot more common. When sex dolls become realistic and cheap a lot of men will remove themselves from the sexual market, with some distaste for women in general mixed in with the fact that they can't get attractive women. Those who remain will have a much better chance.
Original post by baffled_mathman
Thanks.. ;-)

No problem :cool: I just see far too many girls come into these sorts of threads and give the "stop generalising" argument, or variations of it. And it's like a broken record.
Original post by Anonymous

Men play the active role in finding a partner. If women were to play the active role, it would be the other way round.

Why do men play the active role? Perhaps because a man can impregnate multiple women whilst a woman can only be impregnated by one man at a time, and so men have a reason to try to meet as many women as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending