obsessed with a guy I've never even met - how do I 'get better'? :( Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
that pretty much sums it up. met a guy on here; what started as pity chatting eventually turned into me liking him. now I don't know how to stop. pretty convinced he definitely hates me because I got a bit too intense so I'm blocked now, but I still like him as there's nothing he did to warrant me disliking him. what's messed up is that the last few times (6 weeks ago) we did speak, I probably felt the same amount of indifference towards him as he did for me, and I was just genuinely annoyed by the thought of him. weeks have passed that I didn't even think about him, I swear. in the meanwhile, I also met somebody irl who I like and who likes me too. but now this obsession has come back all of the sudden and it's just messed me up even more. I'd just really like to meet/see him in person for some sort of 'closure', but he's unwilling to meet anybody from the internet. I don't even know why I keep entertaining this fantasy of meeting him as I know it's pointless and very obvious he doesn't feel the same, but I think that's the only way I can move on and never look back. I never liked anybody before, and this 'experience' has left me feeling I need a therapist.
*Dreaming*
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Meet people in real life and you will hopefully forget about online friends.
efn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
online frends are better den real life, i have real life frends but they are all idiot, you should talk to him more and c if he want to meet up?
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by efn)
online frends are better den real life, i have real life frends but they are all idiot, you should talk to him more and c if he want to meet up?
They're the idiots? Perhaps if you made friends in real life then you'd stop grinding away on whatever futile game you're probably on.

Regardless, online friends are there to fill a void, OP. Stop filling the glass in front of the dying man with air when you obviously need water.
Vorkay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
obsession obviously makes people emotionally unstable. To solve a prob you have to eliminate d cause and d effect wud quickly or slowly cease.
Ich Dien
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by efn)
i have real life frends but they are all idiot,
:rolleyes:
wasteman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
that pretty much sums it up. met a guy on here; what started as pity chatting eventually turned into me liking him. now I don't know how to stop. pretty convinced he definitely hates me because I got a bit too intense so I'm blocked now, but I still like him as there's nothing he did to warrant me disliking him. what's messed up is that the last few times (6 weeks ago) we did speak, I probably felt the same amount of indifference towards him as he did for me, and I was just genuinely annoyed by the thought of him. weeks have passed that I didn't even think about him, I swear. in the meanwhile, I also met somebody irl who I like and who likes me too. but now this obsession has come back all of the sudden and it's just messed me up even more. I'd just really like to meet/see him in person for some sort of 'closure', but he's unwilling to meet anybody from the internet. I don't even know why I keep entertaining this fantasy of meeting him as I know it's pointless and very obvious he doesn't feel the same, but I think that's the only way I can move on and never look back. I never liked anybody before, and this 'experience' has left me feeling I need a therapist.
sorry ive been busy ill call you soon just PM YOUR NUMBER
bob-the-acman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh my god leave me alone, i DON'T LIKE YOU AND I DON'T WANT TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU.

sERIOUSLY THIS IS GETTING CREEPY.
Evian
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bob-the-acman)
Oh my god leave me alone, i DON'T LIKE YOU AND I DON'T WANT TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU.

:rofl:
hatemylife
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I kind of wonder if this could be me... :rolleyes:
Shoorooz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hey have you watched Catfish-if not you definately should!
SugarPuffs
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bob-the-acman)

Someone left the caps-lock on

Seriously OP, get some mates in real life first before trying to pally up with people on here.
Shoorooz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc_m0KVoMT8
When will I know?
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why dont you get with the guy you met in real life..especially since he likes you back.

I dont think you can block people on here
SchadenfreudeDude
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is his name 'Darcy'?
suis-je bovvered?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Send me an inbox and I'll try and help. Don't worry, I won't disclose any information that will make you recognisable on this thread. It's okay if you don't want to though
hatemylife
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Does this person's name begin with R?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hatemylife)
I kind of wonder if this could be me... :rolleyes:
would you like it to be you?
hatemylife
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
would you like it to be you?
I suppose
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Shoorooz)
hey have you watched Catfish-if not you definately should!
I watched the movie... but now it's only giving me the ideas that I should go around his house, 'surprise' him and finally meet him in person. is that what you're suggesting? :P

also, the new guy is starting to get on my nerves...we have nothing in common, really dull personality and I don't even really like him physically much. :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise