Brent Weeks - The Night Angel Trilogy Watch

The Bagel Guy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Has anyone else read these books?
Me and my girlfriend both absolutely loved them, so we're now looking for some similar books to dig in to!
Any suggestions?
Cheers guys!
Katala
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Read them and loved them! His newish book prism is on my to read pile. Not sure what else you like to read or what you liked about them so hard to suggest things, but the is a good website called fantastic fiction that shows books the author recommends and a list of authors you may want to check out. Of the ones listed trudi caravan, George r r Martin and R. Feist are all good
Katala
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
oh also fiona mcintosh's valisar trilogy is pretty good, just finished reading it not quite as gritty I don't think tho.
The Bagel Guy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Katala)
oh also fiona mcintosh's valisar trilogy is pretty good, just finished reading it not quite as gritty I don't think tho.
Sorry for not replying!
I've read some of Trudi Canavan's books, they were brilliant too! I've got Black Prism sat on my book shelf, but I'm wondering if it'll just be frustrating to start reading then have to wait for the next one

I'll go and check out that website now though!
Katala
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
trudi canavan also released a new one rogue in the traitor spy series
if you list some more you like i might know some more
The Bagel Guy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Katala)
trudi canavan also released a new one rogue in the traitor spy series
if you list some more you like i might know some more
Well I liked Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen by Garth Nix
Banned and the banished series by James Clemens
Swords of night and day by David Gemmel
Dune by Frank Herbert
Orcs: Bodyguard of Lightning, Legion of Thunder, Warriors of the Tempest by Stan Nicholls
I'm also tempted to give the wheel of time a go (I've read New Spring and quite liked it).

I have dozens of books back home but not many with me
Katala
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
george r r martin i still would recommend, and his series has just been made into a tv series on sky atlantic
his books are gritty and the twists and turns will keep you hooked, but be prepared because he doesn't write short books, one had to be split in two as it was so huge :eek:
Kawa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would also suggest George R. R. Martin. I love his books, can't wait for the next one to be released. There's also The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, and The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch.
The Bagel Guy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kawa)
I would also suggest George R. R. Martin. I love his books, can't wait for the next one to be released. There's also The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, and The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch.
The name of the wind is one I've been eying up recently! Will have a look into R R Martin too

Thanks guys! (Or girls)
LewDacris
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
AMAZING TRIOLOGY!!

Apparently the Mistborn trilogy is suppose to be good

Ive just finished reading Joe Abercrombie's triology....VERY GOOD

but you NEED to read Brent Weeks Demon trilogy...The painted Man and the Desert Spear

DO IT!!
LewDacris
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
SORRY NOT BRENT WEEKS....PETER V BRETT!

Also ive just picked up the G R R Martin book....got sample on my kindle...Is it worth it?
The Bagel Guy
Rep:
?
I've read the painted man and desert spear they were some fantastic books! So i agree with you there!

Is it the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series I should be looking for?
Fuzzpig
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've read this so many times. :love:

Check out Game of Thrones G R R Martin (I read it before the HBO series came out), There's 4 or 5 books after the Game of Thrones, truly fantastic series you'll love it.

Assassin's Apprentice Robin Hobb - Amaaaaazing! Book 1 of 3 in the Farseer trilogy (Or book 1 of 9 if you add the next two trilogies, which all connect).
LewDacris
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yep

I heard good thing's but im sceptical
Fuzzpig
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The Bagel Guy)
I've read the painted man and desert spear they were some fantastic books! So i agree with you there!

Is it the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series I should be looking for?
Quite simply: Yes.
Hylean
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It saddens me that Clemens hasn't finished his latest series.

This series is good.

Authors to read: Tolkien, Anne McCaffrey, James Barclay, Peter V Brett, David Farland, Gene Wolfe, Brandon Sanderson, George R R Martin, Terry Brooks, Terry Goodkind, Sarah Ash, Patrick Rothfuss and so many others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise